cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weather

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, you'all out there in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Dakotas: what day is summer this year?
We are headed that way in August will we nee now shoes or will just boots do?
10 REPLIES 10

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
Here ya go for tomorrow:

https://aviationweather.gov/progchart/sfc
Rich
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2021 CanAm Maverick DS Turbo
Southern NV

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am pretty sure that he is responding to the storm hitting us right now. We have gotten over 24" of snow overnight in the northern Black Hills.

We happen to be at the lake in our 5er, 45 miles away, and it is just raining outside of the Black Hills.

We are getting a snow day, and can fish all day! ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I agree the weather reporting on scene makes it appear more violent. I think in most cases the reporters seek out the worst cases, to make the on scene video more exciting to the viewing public. We all want to see the deepest flooding, highest snow banks, and strongest winds. If the reporters would show a 360 view, or just a few blocks away video, it may not be as bad as it looks.

Jerry

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would beg to differ that weather is getting more violent. It might appear that way now because we have better technology to report it to the masses as it happens.

Seeing in-your-face videos on the news or being present during a storm might make it appear violent(and it perhaps is) but there is no perspective of violent comparisons to events that happened 100, 200 or more years ago unless a person was there at the time of those happenings to witness and experience those events truly say today's occurrences are "more violent."
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you are in the Carolinas. We went from Spring, to a April 2nd snow that actually covered the ground by 9am and was gone by 2pm, another Spring Day April 3, and Summer ever since...
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
FOlks I will tell you that Weather is getting more and more ..er.. Violent.

Thus you should have a good WEATHER/ALL-Hazards radio... One that can use an eternal antenna is best and a good 2-meter NGP ham antenna. Or for RV use a CB with Weather Alert function is good. you can listen to channel 19 for over turned semi's and other accidents. as you drive and it will also monitor the weather channels for an alert.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
down home wrote:
Hey, you'all out there in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Dakotas: what day is summer this year?

The first day of summer is June 21 whether you are in Colorado, Wyoming, the Dakotas, or even New York!

If only Mother Nature would follow the calendar of man.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:

The first day of summer is June 21 whether you are in Colorado, Wyoming, the Dakotas, or even New York!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Huh?
If you must only bring one pair of shoes, I recommend Xtratuffs. Lol

If it get's too hot, you can always cut holes in them....
Or if spending time in Colorado, get Birkenstocks instead. Them hipppies wear em year round as long as you have a pair of grungy wool socks!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
It really depends on the activities you plan to do. Even in August in the Colorado High Country you will want a decent coat (fleece, sweat shirts, etc.) If you plan any back country activities I recommend hiking boots over sneakers. This year is unpredictable. We have 12" of snow overnight and it is still coming down.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.