cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What antenna and how to replace

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
a 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision old technology over the air antenna needs repaced on our coach.

What do I need to just take off old roll down and place new tech ant on roof of coach?

I want to be able to switch between direct tv and local stations. If wifi available amazon, netflex and roku?
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If by "Roll down" you mean a winegard Sensar II or III then there is no need to replace unless broken, if Broken and not fixable (mine is fixed) the Sensar IV is the recommended replacement head. For OVER THE AIR Television.

If not broken a WINGMAN is less than 50 dollars and easily installed, A pair of common slip joint pliars may help. but I did not need 'em.

Also if you have the classic wall plate with the outlet, switch, light and antenna connection replace it with the SENsAR PRO.

IF you have, as I do, a BOX of many buttons.> Well I added the SENSAR pro. Ask and I'll tell you how, about 100 dollars give or take a bit.

For DirecTV. I recommend a tripod mounted DISH. DTV is discontinuing SD broadcasts and there is no dome I know of at this time that does HD. (I'm sure one will come out soon from king Controls, but not yet) And roof mounts suffer from teh "EVIL TREE" syndrom (Trees eat signals) so go with a Tripod mount.

Different systems. SOME Direct TV receivera will receive OTA some will not.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
bigred1cav wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
I added a Wingman to my old Winegard batwing and replaced the antenna switch box with a Sensar Pro booster and signal strength meter. I get great HD digital OTA almost everywhere. I even got Houston stations in Galveston.

At the RV parts store where I work part time, we sell a couple dozen "tech" antennas (King Jack) a season all taken out by a low hanging branch.

Do those antenna just replace by taking off old one and attaching new to standard of old one?

Do they work off same handle in coach?

Thanks

You remove 3 rubber plugs from the bottom of the existing batwing, put the Wingman on the bottom of the batwing and put the 3 rubber plugs back in. It takes longer to set up the ladder than it does to add a Wingman. As long as you have clearnace around other appliances on the roof, it goes up and down like the original antenna.

Video

The installation is the last 15 seconds of the video.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
I added a Wingman to my old Winegard batwing and replaced the antenna switch box with a Sensar Pro booster and signal strength meter. I get great HD digital OTA almost everywhere. I even got Houston stations in Galveston.

At the RV parts store where I work part time, we sell a couple dozen "tech" antennas (King Jack) a season all taken out by a low hanging branch.

Do those antenna just replace by taking off old one and attaching new to standard of old one?

Do they work off same handle in coach?

Thanks

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another thread running on this right now in the Class A forum.

RV Antenna
Jerry & Jeanne

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a winegard, you,re set to go. If you are having problems wit it, replacing the "f" connecters, adding a wingman and the sensar pro, you will really on top of the OTA antenna.

You probably have a B.O.M.B. and that will take care of switching between anything with coax cable.

BluRay will require a HDMI cable and that will connect directly to the TV set. That is accessable from the INPUT function inthe TV.

Not a big deal, really easy. A lot more help here if you need it.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II

Jerry & Jeanne

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your "old technology" antenna doesn't need replacing unless it's broken. Radio waves are radio waves, and that's the same today as it was in Marconi's day. There may be some enhancements available to improve your existing antenna's reception though. Is your existing antenna a Winegard Sensar "batwing" antenna?

Switching between DTV and local, or Amazon Prime, etc., are TV functions that have nothing to do with the antenna used.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate