cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When MOLD Attacks!!

Mike_LeClair
Explorer
Explorer
SIGH, Just SIGH! What a mess! My bride just noticed this mess when she went to retrieve a phone book from the "miscellaneous crap" cupboard. On further investigation, I am sad to report, we have mold accumulations in most of the cupboards as well as in the sliding window tracks and in the closet of the bedroom.

No one to blame here except ourselves. We became complacent and lackadaisical in diligently running the dehumidifier and checking in the known hiding places where mold grows. Break out the bleach based mold killer, numerous rags, spray bottle of water to rinse and a large dollop of elbow grease. I removed all of the trim pieces from inside the cupboards and am tossing them. I will pick up some decent wood trim and redo the cupboards with some quality work. I can't hardly believe the******that the OEM uses for trim - nothing but cheap wallpaper wrapped around particle board strips.

Check you cupboards and other dark humid hiding places folks.

Cheers!

Mike
Something Old, Something New
2012 F350 SRW, 6.7l Powerstroke, 3.55's front and rear.
2008 Fleetwood Regal 325RKTS
Mike, Carol and our 4 legged "furry child" Kenzie Shweenie Tod
19 REPLIES 19

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
X4 that is rust on the brad nails holding the trip on, moisture getting if from roof, or maybe just a lot of excessive moisture inside. Are you living in the unit full time? If so look at the different ways to keep interior moisture down.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
If all those mold spots is also a brad nail holding the trim on, you might have a leak somewhere...

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, the moldy look is out these days. When I built my cupboard doors, I used lawn chair fabric for the center panel. Doesn't mean I won't get mold but I hope that little bit of ventilation helps.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Ah man, that's terrible.
Do you leave your cabinets open?

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
NO! Check your roof. The walls are probably water damaged too. That just doesn't seem right.