cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do you put the big cabelas recline chairs

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2 of the cabelas brand reclining chairs. I love to have them camping. They are a great chair. BUT, they don't fold flat, nest, or do anything else to make them travel better.

What do you do with them when traveling?

Up to now they have ridden next to couch. Now the kids have bigger bikes that have no other place to go right now. The chairs ended up on our bed. (Not convenieient)
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500
19 REPLIES 19

wilcamp
Explorer
Explorer
hawkeye-08 wrote:
Ours (2) fit beside the bed with cargo blanket over them to protect wall and bed. When we get to camp, they go out the bedroom door and get setup next to the trailer under the awning.

After wiping off the chair legs, ours are placed on top of our front queen bed. They're heavy enough that they've never moved during our travels. After laying out the camping mats, they are brought out and placed under the awning. At night, they are folded and tucked under the kitchen slide-out to protect against overnight rain or dew.
Wil, Tara, Keeko (Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix 9 yr.-old) and Kalee (Wire Hair Terrier/Blue Heeler mix 1 yr. old)
2018 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2702; 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi w/ 3.92 rear axle

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ours (2) fit beside the bed with cargo blanket over them to protect wall and bed. When we get to camp, they go out the bedroom door and get setup next to the trailer under the awning.

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
CR CRUISER wrote:
All my loungers and deck chairs ride in the bath tub.

Good Idea, hadnt thought of that. THANK YOU
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500

CR_CRUISER
Explorer
Explorer
All my loungers and deck chairs ride in the bath tub.

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the input. I'm not ready to part with them yet as I like to park it by the campfire and warm my toes. They are also about the only chair i have been able to nap in. Looks like tube aisle of the trailer will just be crowded.
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
JimK-NY wrote:
Again, some of us have different things we want to do with our RV travel time. Sitting in a lounge chair is not on my list.
Sitting around the campfire in my lounge chair in the evening chatting with good friends is certainly on my list.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've got a great outdoor storage compartment under one of our bunks, that holds 4 of these, and 4 bag chairs. That compartment is what swayed us to our floorplan.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
myredracer wrote:
..... If the one in 2nd pic, why not in the truck?.....

No room in the truck. That storage is already in use. We tried to shortcut storing on the ladder and just put the chairs in the aisle of the RV. That was a real nuisance.

Again, some of us have different things we want to do with our RV travel time. Sitting in a lounge chair is not on my list.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which "big" Cabelas recliner? The sell a few different ones. If it's the one in the 1st pic, I'd love to see a couple of those hangin' off the ladder on the back, lol! :B If the one in 2nd pic, why not in the truck?

I have a La Jolla plush recliner (3rd pic) for me (and only me). Super comfortable but a bigger and heavier than a typical zero-gravity recliner. We were window shopping in an RV shop one day while out on a road trip and happened to see a tote bag that by fluke was the exact perfect size for the recliner. So I keep the recliner in the tote bag in the back of the truck all summer long and it still looks like new. It's about 6-8" thick when collapsed.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
stickdog wrote:
We had a pair when we first started found we had better use of storage area than lounge chairs. Gave them to the DD for her patio.5
Basically that's what we did with ours. They're just too big and bulky to travel well.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
jesseannie wrote:
I got rid of mine also. Too big, bulky and heavy. Last summer on a 5 month trip I used it about 6 times not worth it for me. We have two Coleman fabric chairs with the side tables we use.

Jesseannie

Yep, gave them away.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used to have a problem with bikes, the extra propane tank for the grill, my reclining chairs, etc. Then I bought an TT with the bike door and bunk beds that get out of the way and opens up to a storage area. Problem solved. I will never be without the bike door and storage area again.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I got rid of mine also. Too big, bulky and heavy. Last summer on a 5 month trip I used it about 6 times not worth it for me. We have two Coleman fabric chairs with the side tables we use.

Jesseannie

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We have the fat boy ones and they don't fit in the basement well. We put them in the toad trunk and use them often.