cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why Is It That...

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
This forum can have a thread like "Diesel vs Gas" which has been active for almost 13 years with over 4500 posts, but as soon as someone asks a question about tires and a conversation begins... A moderator then closes it? Really?
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L
26 REPLIES 26

ontheroadwithja
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Because people start a new thread and ask the same question. Get the same answers. Anyone know the definition of insanity of doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?

If they would look even a little, read an existing thread, add some intelligent thoughts on what they need we could easily have a tire thread that goes longer and deeper than the gas vs diesel.

Trouble is getting the new members to do that.

Eggzactly.
Besides there are people who can't check their own oil, drove a Honda Civic thier whole life going out and buying duallies and 5vers with zero knowledge or prior experience on how to operate, outfit or maintain anything larger than a......civic. Brings out a lot of tire threads!

I'm not out to exclude those that aren't mechanically inclined from these activities, it is just a lot to process if a person is getting up in years and tries something foreign to them.
Old dog, new tricks comes to mind.

I respectfully disagree. Too often old threads are just that OLD information. Our technology in almost everything moves very quickly even in tires. Reading a bunch of dated information will not serve you well.

By asking questions we at least have the chance of turning up a new opinion, some unspoken advice and new information.

In addition the search engine of this site which I have used extensively despite my "newness" here is abominably bad.

We need new information, opinions and experiences from new members as well as those old keyboard warriors.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
time2roll wrote:
Because people start a new thread and ask the same question. Get the same answers. Anyone know the definition of insanity of doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?

If they would look even a little, read an existing thread, add some intelligent thoughts on what they need we could easily have a tire thread that goes longer and deeper than the gas vs diesel.

Eggzactly.
Besides there are people who can't check their own oil, drove a Honda Civic thier whole life going out and buying duallies and 5vers with zero knowledge or prior experience on how to operate, outfit or maintain anything larger than a......civic. Brings out a lot of tire threads!

I'm not out to exclude those that aren't mechanically inclined from these activities, it is just a lot to process if a person is getting up in years and tries something foreign to them.
Old dog, new tricks comes to mind.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Usually when the thread devolves into flaming (not too much)

But the diesel vs gas guys are too busy being happy what they own, whilst some proponents (nobody here) seem to think that they MUST run LT tires or someone else will be unsafe...like a few weight police too.

Moderating any kind of forum is not a ton of fun. You should try it sometimes just to see what kind of **** members will spew at you. Sometimes it's even personal attacks and they provide your home address, work address, etc to a bunch of hateful people that then gives you MONTHS of entertainment and police involvement.

Yes, that really happened all over moderating a forum. So all the keyboard warriors hopefully can just chill out. ๐Ÿ™‚

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Without comment on them the moderators are charged with enforcing the rules.. For example I moderated in a medical forum. I was charged with, amont other things, making sure that any Teens were not posting seeking... Older companions shall we say.. (never happened but watching for it was part of my job)

One of the rules is No Name Calling/flaming.. And often some discussions devolve into just that

"Why you stupid _____ if you can not see that ______ you must be blind ______."

And when that hapens the door is locked.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
So what was your question about tires?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
Martyn wrote:
Why Is It That...

....some people can't create a topic name that tells us what the topic is?? :R

Stealing a piece of your soul one click at a time...
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was it about California tires?
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, not really. There are plenty of open tire threads.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Martyn wrote:
Why Is It That...

true dat
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

westend
Explorer
Explorer
There are a lot of threads about tires, some of them lengthy. Most devolve into a match between LT advocates and ST advocates.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
Why Is It That...

2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website