cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why no soap?

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You know sometimes whey you are camping there is enough time in the day to contemplate some of the various mysteries in life. A few years ago I started to wonder why many many public campgrounds don't have hand soap in their bathrooms? I've even went so far as to ask a host why, and was told they were instructed to remove anything left behind in the bathroom.

So I'm curious, does anybody have any idea why the management would either not supply soap, or instruct the staff to remove any soap left behind?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup
23 REPLIES 23

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
State park host (OR) told us that someone took all the toilet seats in one of the restrooms.....!!!!!!!!!!!
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never wondered myself, because I already know the answers. With an RV now, I don't much use campground or Rest area facilities but when I do, I'm a carry my own type with me(TP, soap and what have you)...never do I enter a Rest Area stop without TP!!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
And it seems to be getting worse all the time.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
OH48Lt wrote:
Several reasons. Because of the 1% of people who steal stuff. Because of the 2% of people who break stuff that the campground owners now need to fix or pay somebody to fix it. Because of the 10% of people who are slobs and make a mess. Heck, there are guy pigs that won't lift a toilet lid and pee all over it. Nice for the next person that comes in.

Not everyone is as nice or considerate as the vast majority of us.
We have soap and your percentages are pretty much spot on. Thieves are thieves and pigs are pigs, what I don't get are the two percent who feel if something doesn't perform as they think it should that is a license to destroy it. Oh well, raise the rates a buck or two and move on.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 NICELY PUT.

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Several reasons. Because of the 1% of people who steal stuff. Because of the 2% of people who break stuff that the campground owners now need to fix or pay somebody to fix it. Because of the 10% of people who are slobs and make a mess. Heck, there are guy pigs that won't lift a toilet lid and pee all over it. Nice for the next person that comes in.

Not everyone is as nice or considerate as the vast majority of us.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
theft mostly, cost is next, and those that just roll it all off and jam the toilets, or trash the restroom. Having Mom to clean it all up was a good idea, but what she really needed was a belt to beat some butts with. Its amazing how many modern people can use the Internet, but don't know how to flush a toilet. Just work as a camp host for a week, and you opinions will take a big change. Lots of men are really nasty, but my DW who cleans the ladies room, says that Women are the nastiest. I can't say, but I know about the men's.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many donโ€™t supply paper towels to dry your hands after a soapless wash anymore either. I would say itโ€™s about cost or theft, but mostly people will make a mess and leave it to someone else to clean up. Amazing how many people still expect their momโ€™s to pick up after them.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Because people steal it.

Have friends that work camped and one of them caught a guy squirting hand soap from the campground soap dispenser into his own bottle to take back to his rig.

Also found a guy with a spindle chucked up in his drill and was winding up toilet paper from the big roll in the bathroom.