cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Window woes

Wandering_Storm
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a three year old winnebago View. The window glass has water spots and I have tried everything short of acid to clean them up. It doesn't really cause a problem but in an anal sense I would like to solve the problem. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks john McD
20 REPLIES 20

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't CLR made for that purpose?
bumpy

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I use oak ashes from a fire. Yes, the ashes from burned oak wood. I used it for years to clean the build up of crud on aquariums; you know, that ring around the water line as water evpaporates? Mix the ash with a little water into a paste and apply using some elbow grease and an old sock for a rag/towel to get it in and to buff it back out.

You will be amazed!!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Try BonAmi (not Comet). It will dissolve hard water spots.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried everything short of acid to clean them up

That's just the thing, the water spots are from mineral in the water and acid is the best cleaner for those. Vinegar and water is a good acidic cleaner for glass.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
or option B., just not be so anal and ignore the spots. I wouldn't be taking any steel wool to my windows.
bumpy

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! Living in AZ in the past where the water was rock-hard and now here in FL when it rains everyday and ruins a car wash...I have THE answer. Use 0000 steel wool but make sure your glass and your wool is perfectly dry. It will clean off your spots and leave your glass polished purdy.