cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working out with a suspension trainer

Mahikoa
Explorer
Explorer
My fiancé and I own a 38ft Fleetwood Expedition. We are currently full timers. We love it, but are having a hard time finding good ways to work out and stay fit.
I just bought a suspension trainer. If anyone here has worked with them, they are set up to be used just about anywhere, but I am having difficulty finding somewhere to use it.
I have a hydralift motorcycle lift on the back of the RV and I keep thinking there has to be some way to use that with the suspension trainer to work out. The only issue with that it is not high up enough. I could probably even use it for other exercises. I have also thought of mounting an anchor point somewhere on the RV or using the ladder on the back.
I could use some ideas if anyone has experience finding creative ways to work out using your Motorhome. Thanks everyone.
2 REPLIES 2

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can't find good ways to exercise while camping? Try hiking, bike riding, canoeing, swimming, jogging/walking around the loops - to name a few.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
DO not use ladder as an anchor point.
RV ladders are marginal at best for vertical weight bearing.
Horizontal/pulling forces will probably bend ladder or rip it away from mounts

Motorcyle lift should be stout enough but like you said..........too short.

Maybe modify lift to accept a 2" square tubing long enough so that with lift raised up top would be high enough. Attach an anchor point

A weld shop could make one in couple hours.

High enough anchor point is issue...can't go around driving cleats into trees :E

A BRISK heel/toe walk around campground, stair stepping, elevated pushups using picnic table, good ole military calisthenics (pushups, squats, lunges, heel raises, jumping jacks, crunches etc)

No excuses just because of MH and FTng.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31