cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wrap

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
The top of the cap on my 5th wheel is faded. I was wondering if a wrap would cover the faded part and would it be cheaper than getting it painted?? What would the cost be to have the front cap painted?
6 REPLIES 6

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bob Vaughn wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Hey Bob, mine was faded both front and back. Heartland paid to paint the front. It was $1500.00 plus decals. I'm thinking that ship has sailed....I had the rear done last year. That one I paid for it was $1050.00. It's hard to find a shop with a big enough paint booth. Try some of the commercial truck/bus bodyshops. I had quotes all over the place from $800.. to $8,000.00. $1500.00 seemed to be about what Heartland was willing to pay at the time. Nothing else will work as a long term cure except trading it off....Good luck.

B.O.

Mine was 2 years old when I noticed my fading. When I contacted Heartland I was told I was out of the warranty period. I think they knew there was a problem and just did not want to address it. Our friend have a Forest River Cedar Creek and Forest River recognized that there was a manufacturing defect in the same type of caps that Heartland used and replaced their caps. I lost a lot of respect for the Heartland Brand when mine lost its glow.....
I had a lot of things go wrong with my Heartland that should not have happened. I was at the point where I was starting to fix some things for the second time. That was enough. Every year it was $1,000.00 to maintain it...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

2005bounder35e
Explorer
Explorer
We've got a 38ft class a decals cracked gel coat chalking had the whole motorhome wrapped for $1800 very happy with it.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I'd price compare doing the wrap and getting it completely painted, then decide. Painting will be the longest lasting, but still not maintenance free.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Hey Bob, mine was faded both front and back. Heartland paid to paint the front. It was $1500.00 plus decals. I'm thinking that ship has sailed....I had the rear done last year. That one I paid for it was $1050.00. It's hard to find a shop with a big enough paint booth. Try some of the commercial truck/bus bodyshops. I had quotes all over the place from $800.. to $8,000.00. $1500.00 seemed to be about what Heartland was willing to pay at the time. Nothing else will work as a long term cure except trading it off....Good luck.

B.O.

Mine was 2 years old when I noticed my fading. When I contacted Heartland I was told I was out of the warranty period. I think they knew there was a problem and just did not want to address it. Our friend have a Forest River Cedar Creek and Forest River recognized that there was a manufacturing defect in the same type of caps that Heartland used and replaced their caps. I lost a lot of respect for the Heartland Brand when mine lost its glow.....

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of folks have had success with a 3M product to restore the shine on the front cap. I think it's 303.

Mine always restores back to like new with a good cleaning and waxing. I use a cleaner wax (TR-3 at auto parts stores) it's similar to rubbing compound but not as harsh. The trailer is 22 years old and has sat out in the sun everyday.