cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wreath on RV exterior door

kelly94942
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever put a wreath up on their RV exterior door? If so, how did you attach it? I was thinking of a Command Hook, but I'm not 100% sure that wouldn't hurt the finish.
Me and wonderful DH
Previous #1: 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 299BHS, 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Previous #2: 2010 Carriage Carri-Lite 36MAX1, 2008 Ford F-450 (full timed for two years)
Current: 2013 Dutchman Kodiak 300BHSL, 2004 Ford Excursion
8 REPLIES 8

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We have the large clear suction cups. We use them for heavy wreaths at home, and on the coach, at Christmas. have to watch for the wreath banging against the glass at its bottom. Probably bought them at Wally World or Hobby Lobby.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be more concerned about damage from the wreath moving. I'd be more apt to hang it beside of the door rather than directly on it.

Sounds like I may be worrying for nothing with Hunter11 saying he/she has not had issues.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife uses a Command Hook to attach one to ours each Christmas. It works well and no damage after she pulls it off.
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
kelly94942 wrote:
Too Young to Retire wrote:
They make a wreath hook that just hooks over the top of the door. It should also work on an RV. Google is your friend.
found this on Amazon

I do have one of those, but can't imagine it would work the way it works with a regular door because of the configuration of the RV door.

Sounds like Command Hooks are the way to go! ๐Ÿ™‚

We have one similar to the one on Amazon. A few minutes with pliers modified the hook to fit the lip at the top of our coach door.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

kelly94942
Explorer
Explorer
Too Young to Retire wrote:
They make a wreath hook that just hooks over the top of the door. It should also work on an RV. Google is your friend.
found this on Amazon

I do have one of those, but can't imagine it would work the way it works with a regular door because of the configuration of the RV door.

Sounds like Command Hooks are the way to go! ๐Ÿ™‚
Me and wonderful DH
Previous #1: 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 299BHS, 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Previous #2: 2010 Carriage Carri-Lite 36MAX1, 2008 Ford F-450 (full timed for two years)
Current: 2013 Dutchman Kodiak 300BHSL, 2004 Ford Excursion

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Command hooks are good and usually do not hurt the finish, If you have glass in the door hook it there.. I forget how I did mine, but I may have modified an over the door hook so it would work, easy to do.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Too_Young_to_Re
Explorer
Explorer
found this on Amazon
2018 RAM 3500HD MegaCab,hauling a 2020 Mobile Suites, and loving it.

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
I think a Command hook would work very well.

Just remember to remove the wreath before you travel, ๐Ÿ™‚
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS