cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

TomW2
Explorer
Explorer
Your Old Dog wrote:
If you have a Queen sized bed in the RV and Full size at home.

Yup. The one in the house is an old "super single" waterbed frame - just 48" wide. The motor home has the queen.
Tom (driver, navigator & cook)
Ruth (bottle washer)
Dollie (wire haired fox terrier)
Buddy (terrier cross - pound puppy)
2004 Minnie Winnie 30V
2005 Suzuki XL-7 4x4
US Gear Tow Brake
Roadmaster All Terrain Falcon 2 tow bar

DanPen64078
Explorer
Explorer
If you ever went to the store to buy some pvc pipe to make a sewer hose holder, a clothing rack for your bumper and a toy you can play outside with the neighbors.............now just how do you get them strings through those golf balls?
05 Chevy Silverado LT 6WD Duramax/Allison combo, 05 Carriage Cameo LXI F32KS3

Man, Wife, a Lady Dog, and a baby Lady Dog (hand full of zip locks) -- Family of Happy Campers!

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . .you go to swanky-a** cocktail party, and all you can talk about are your new "E" rated tires.

Oldiecarl
Explorer
Explorer
...When the hosts at your favorite campground know you by name.
Carl, St, Louis, MO

nairbsnave
Explorer
Explorer
Tarponteaser wrote:

If... you feel envious going to work and seeing a rig heading down the road...wishing it was you...even though you just got back from a trip 2 days ago.

This is so true, except it isn't 2 days later. I feel twinges of envy as I drive out of the CG and see others driving in!
Brian & Sharon &
Buster Brown (the dog)
36' HMC Hawk diesel pusher
Suzuki sidekick 4X4 Toad
FMCA #F357579
Good Sam Club

Bill_720
Explorer
Explorer
if

You refer to going home as making a pit stop.

if
You wash that huge thing you drive to work almost every day.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . when your wife says you are going to your grandaughter's birthday on a Sunday (fifteen miles away), and your first thought is, "Ooooo, we could take the camper on Saturday night and make a weekend of it."

Galvorien52
Explorer
Explorer
...If your best friend is redoing his back yard and has made plans to put a FHU in there for your visits.
...if your garden is all in pots that your DH has to move into and out of the fiver at every stop.
...if you have a stack of maps from everywhere you've been that you won't get rid of because you might go back there again.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you love the smell of burning diesel fuel in the morning.

Stagecoach
Explorer
Explorer
if... the first picture you take when you get somewhere is of your camper.
if... you need GPS guidance to get somewhere you've driven a hundred times.
if... you have 2 mapping software programs and a Walmart Atlas.
if... the waypoint you have loaded into your GPS is at the lake.
Dave & Beth
2003 F-350 PSD CC 4.10 DRW 6.0L , Prodigy
2004 Mobile Suites 36 RE3 #1188
2004 PartiKraft Admiral PKA240 RE-4 Gate
2005 Lance 915
2007 Jeep Wrangler (Sahara) 2-Door Soft Top
My Blog

itsabouttime
Explorer
Explorer
....If your grown kids have FHU sites in their back yard but do not own an RV.
Russ

katrina1
Explorer
Explorer
we_rv wrote:
You study all the license plates on other RV's as you go down the road to see who else "lives" in South Dakota! ๐Ÿ™‚

OMG! I do that! I do that! I'm camped right next to another "South Dakotan" right now!

I hope to be "home" soon. It is so embarrassing when someone asks me questions about my legal domicile and I have no clue. :W
Terry Resort 5th 30'
Chevy Silverado 1 ton dually
http://rvquartzsite.com

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you never complain about how the tourists drive, because you're always the tourist.

. . . you know water weighs 8 1/2 pounds per gallon.

G7ARYM
Explorer
Explorer
If..you have basement storage in the RV and not at your house.

If..you have a satellite dish on the roof of the RV and not at your house.

If..your Mother's Day gift is a 9X12ft RV mat.

If..the dog whines to be let in the side door of the rig parked out front instead of back into the house after a walk.

Your_Old_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
If you have HIDefinition TV in the RV but not in the house.

If you don't mind fooling with things called black water and don't even gag.

If you have a Queen sized bed in the RV and Full size at home.
Unless tomorrow has been promised to you, you better get busy today.