cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pat Clicky
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

VernM
Explorer
Explorer
Down-easter Pat Pepin has put it all to music for those of you who don't yet know who you are. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orn7xAEKov4
VernM
GMC Conversion van/Wells Cargo MiniWagon trailer
Sent via HughesNet/SatMex5 Internet Portal

searfoss
Explorer
Explorer
admiral64 wrote:
You might be an RV'er if your teenage DS stills wants to go on vacation with you.:B

Yeah... I miss that
Poconos Pennsylvania
2016 Kodiak 286 BHSL
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much

tnsauerkraut
Explorer
Explorer
If you have an rv bookmark that has over 45 links...

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . while shopping for a new car for your wife, you ask the salesman for the date codes on the tires and he looks at you like you have lobsters coming out your ears.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . your camping checklist used to read:

- Tent
- Sleeping bag
- Coleman stove

and now reads:

- GPS
- Cell phone charger
- Laptop
- Air card
- DirecTV receiver

Pokey2
Explorer
Explorer
X2!

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
. . . on her way to the bathroom, your grandaughter announces to the entire room full of family and friends that she "needs to dump her black tank".

This one had me laughing out loud!!!
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

hockeypop9
Explorer
Explorer
if--you consider driving cross country & back a no-brainer compaired to flying.....
Howard, Kristy & Chloe (the four legged boss)
2007 Southwind 34G, Workhorse W22, Banks Performance Package
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - toad

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . on her way to the bathroom, your grandaughter announces to the entire room full of family and friends that she "needs to dump her black tank".

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
rv4us3 wrote:
DW and I just finished reading all 50 pages in one sitting...funny stuff! Came up with a couple of our own

If
when you remember to vaccinate the dog, but forget about the kids.

Now THAT'S funny. :B

jerrju2
Explorer
Explorer
when you see a Wal Mart you think of a rest area and not just a dept. store.

you're outside having a conversation with your neighbor and you start identifying the birds that are lighting in the trees.

you bought a fire bowl to enjoy in your backyard when you can't go camping.

admiral64
Explorer
Explorer
You give up a job coaching high school football so you can camp in the fall. (guilty)
Dave, Wendy, Ben and Allison:)
06 Jayco Jay Flight 29BHS
10 Ford F-250 - Tow Package
6.4L PowerStroke Diesel
Reese Dual Cam hitch

admiral64
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RV'er if your teenage DS stills wants to go on vacation with you.:B
Dave, Wendy, Ben and Allison:)
06 Jayco Jay Flight 29BHS
10 Ford F-250 - Tow Package
6.4L PowerStroke Diesel
Reese Dual Cam hitch

WeRmudfun
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I just finished reading all 50 pages in one sitting...funny stuff! Came up with a couple of our own

If
when you remember to vaccinate the dog, but forget about the kids.

when non-RVers ask you if you have a passport and you show them your PassportAmerica card.

when after pulling into driveway after long trip, you sit at the RV table and start planning your next trip before unloading it
One husband, one wife, one son, one dog

2006 Jayco Greyhawk 29GS
2011 Jeep Liberty

Our YouTube Videos