cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

AndyTblc
Explorer
Explorer
...you look for a camp fire scent fabric softener and glad plug in refill
1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 Z71-My Baby
1978 Terry Taurus- 18'- Hillbilly Heaven

Sheddah
Explorer
Explorer
...you spend more time decorating, cleaning, and upgrading your RV than your stick house
...you fix up your yard and hookups so you can camp at home
...you can fall asleep in the RV without meaning to, but not in the stick house
...you barely get finished planning one mod before beginning another
...you can't go shopping without checking out something you might be able to use in the RV

Ain't life grand! :W
DH and Me :B
2004 BT Cruiser 28 Ft

1GypsyRose
Explorer
Explorer
red3 wrote:
If... you know how to get those little maps that show all the places you've been onto your RV forum profile... ๐Ÿ˜ž

And exactly how do I do that? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Figured it out :C
John & Debbie
Elmo & Titan - The Trucking Puppies

2010 Travel Lite 1000SLRX Truck Camper - "Our Lakehouse"
2002 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW 4x4
2001 Bryant 232 - "It's Alright Now" - Found a good home
2009 Bryant 268 - "DebbaritaVille"

Our Adventures

Rubbersidedown
Explorer
Explorer
Even worse when your DW replies: " Ya shes's a beauty!" :B
Daryn & Lana
2014 Bighorn 3875FB
2013 Chevy 3500HD Duramax/ Allison

BoiseFolks
Explorer
Explorer
Bit late to the game...

If...
You're sitting under the awning with a cold one and nice sleek 60's Airstream pulls up in the next site, a pretty young gal gets out and shakes her hair and you say, "Wow, look at that" and your wife knows you're talking about the trailer (hey, it had the old aluminum propane tanks)
Dan and Val looking for trout.
2010 Starcraft 176RB
2008 F150 SCab

Tony_DiannesRV
Explorer
Explorer
You give the camper a name because she's part of the family.  -Dianne
2004 28' H.R. Alumascape named Maude
2008 GMC 2500 P/U
5 Grown Kids/5 Adorable Grandaughters & 1 Prince grandson

dalspot
Explorer
Explorer
goin2themountains wrote:
if....you know to abbreviate Tow Vehicle, and to spell out television.

.... if you read a post where someone says the bought their TV at Target and you're wondering how in the world they got a Tow Vehicle @ Target!
Karen & Tom

Sheddah
Explorer
Explorer
EXACTLY!!

And you don't mind it at all.
DH and Me :B
2004 BT Cruiser 28 Ft

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
....you realize an RV is a hole in your driveway into which you throw all your money.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

TravelingJ
Explorer
Explorer
jola wrote:
You've spent $20,000 on a TT, upgraded the TV, and bought another $3,000 worth of chairs, sheets, collapsable trash cans, TV, DVD player, kitchen supplies, and cast iron.....and you think camping is a bargain because it only costs $25 a night in a State Park campground!!

That is EXACTLY how we are.

Although, we travel for our job, and decided to buy a RV with the per diem money...so mostly-the company bought us the 20k TT.

Worth every penny!

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Boy, it is nice to know that I am not crazy. I can't be. .. look at all the other people just like me.

You know you are an RV'r if you purchase land for your retirement home because it already has a gravel pad suitable for the TT!

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you can dump your holding tanks with one hand, while drinking coffee with the other.

RangerJay
Explorer
Explorer
... you are watching the Stanley Cup playoffs on your 13" TV in your trailer - while parked in your driveway - and your 52" HD TV in the house works just fine.

Jay
2002 Bambi 19' - the "Toaster"
2009 Nissan Pathfinder - the "Buggy"

Getup_ngo
Explorer
Explorer
dalebear wrote:
If your dogs are in the RV blowing the horn because your late getting on the road.

... at 7 a.m.!! Bad dogs!

Al/Reeni wrote:
. . . on her way to the bathroom, your grandaughter announces to the entire room full of family and friends that she "needs to dump her black tank"

.. . . while shopping for a new car for your wife, you ask the salesman for the date codes on the tires and he looks at you like you have lobsters coming out your ears.

Janice and Annie, the snotty poodle
2008 Four Winds Windsport, 3 slides
Toad: 2011 Honda CRV/Blue Ox towing system

donee
Explorer
Explorer
AndyTblc wrote:
Rubbersidedown wrote:
If roughing it is a park with no cable hook-up.

lol, I always say roughing it is forgetting the satellite dish

I cant forget it. Its mounted to the roof.:)
But roughing it could be if weather(snow on satellite) prevents you from getting a sat signal.And the park your at doesnt have cable.
donnie (K7UTA) & Linda
1 rescued furrykid "Buddy"
2016 Fleetwood SouthWind 32VS
14 Jeep Cherokee
K7UTA