cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great Massechusetts Campgrounds?

marcindy
Explorer
Explorer
Hey - We are from Toronto and planning a trip to Boston area this summer. Looking for recommendations on some great campgrounds in and around Boston (1 to 2 hr radius) that have great swimming, facilities, and activities for an 8 yr old boy, 3.5 yr old girl, and a dog. Oh... and my wife too! Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Never been to Minuteman, but we do Normandy at least 2x each year. It is a great site for early and late season camping because the indoor pool and other facilities are great for the kids!

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
Have stayed at all that have been mentioned, and we return to Boston Minuteman several times per season. Wonderful owners and the office staff is great with area info, including how to visit Boston.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
We stayed at Pinewood Lodge in Plymouth a couple of years ago and it was really nice.

I'll second this, except we were there in 2007 so I don't have an up to date opinion on it. It is on a lake that was great for swimming and kayaking.

Visiting Mayflower II (Pilgrim boat) is really interesting, along with Plymouth village. Remember, when you go to see Plymouth Rock, ask the attendants about it because they have a really interesting 5-10 minute talk about it.

Be ready for relatively expensive rates and fees in that area!

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Pinewood Lodge in Plymouth a couple of years ago and it was really nice.

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Another vote for Normandy Farms.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Normandy Farms is real nice, just what you are looking for. It cost some but we loved it when we were there. Boston Minuteman is great as well, been there too. More activities and additional pool space at Normandy vs. Minuteman. Have fun.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at the Minuteman Campground. About an hour or less to town, depending on time of day and destination.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts try searching this Forum in the RV Parks section for Boston. Normandy Farms gets high marks.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)