cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you decorate your campsite?

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I was just wondering and looking for ideas. We usually, have a nice table cloth, put lights around the awning, 2 indoor/outdoor rugs, and chairs. And a dog or 2, lol

21 REPLIES 21

Nola_Campers
Explorer
Explorer
Just chairs and a hammock for now. We will probably get an outdoor mat soon - there is one with Kokopellis at Sportsman's Guide that we are considering. I am not sure what to do for lights yet, but we could use a little extra light, since the popup just has an amber light placed fairly low.

socialstudiesmo
Explorer
Explorer
I love tacky patio lights. I have several strings to suit our mood, the campground or the holiday. Same goes with the picnic table cloth. We usually have something on the picnic table - even if it's just a citronella candle. We set the travel grill up, an extra table, and lots of camp chairs around the fire ring along with a small foldable table for setting the smore stuff on! And, yes, we pay attention to color. It has to match the RV - including the mat for under the awning. ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh, and I can't forget our small, decorative, "Happy Campers" flag on a small wrought iron holder. To complete the decor, there are always a pile of colorful kayaks and bikes (which my Marine husband insists are neatly parked). We do this whether we're in an RV resort, a beautiful state park on the beach, a rustic state forest campground or boondocking (minus the awning lights)! Love it!
2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RK
2014 Jayco Greyhawk BH

doublenot7
Explorer
Explorer
I decorate around the fire ring with a few folding chairs if that counts.

gkas
Explorer
Explorer
...another good reason to prefer boondocking.
My photos: http://mikekazphotography.com/Gerry/GalleryIndex/index.html

Bighorns
Explorer
Explorer
I put out the outdoor carpet at the 5th wheel door, set up the table and outdoor grill, set the chairs up around the campfire ring for family & friends, place the ingredients for our evening mixers at the outdoor kitchen, place the old reliable Coleman lantern on a hook and kick back to watch the deer and moose stroll into the open meadows in the evening sun. Ahhh, the beauty of nature:)
2011 Duramax 3500HD Dually
2012 Keystone Cougar 330RBK

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
DW handles the decorating while I don't interfere.

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
I decorate the site with a 5th wheel trailer, a truck that is there part of the time, and if it is a dusty site, I may put down a outdoor carpet under the steps.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

tplife
Explorer
Explorer
White Culpepper "Don't Tread On Me" US flag, and at night LED programmable lighting inside Lucite tubes set to the Optima/Kenwood/Polk 200W stereo system...

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
No real "decorations" per se...

Bikes, scooters, dog, 5 chairs around the fire, firewood, and an outside cook center under the awning.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

msalyer
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
I "decorate" my site with 2 chairs and firewood.

I do the same but add myself to one of the chairs.

Camper_Mama_Bea
Explorer
Explorer
we put out what we need for practical use on short trips. will we use the table, then the table cover. will we use the chairs, then they come out. new this year is a small size mat under the awning, it stops a good bit of dirt from going into the trailer, and has proven to be a good place for the kids to sit and play. will the kids have time to play outside, then out comes their toy bin. for a week in one place with electric hook-up we may put a string of lights on the awning since hubby likes them as light at night instead of the bright patio light on the side of the trailer. we do have a name sign, if hubby remembers that gets hung on the front of the trailer. if we are camping for July 4 and I remember, I have a bunting I hang on the side of the trailer. that's it, the more we put out, the more we need to pack-up when it is time to leave. and we and the kids hate pack-up time.
Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
All depends on where one is....I dont think in a wilderness setting, having lights, flamingo's and such go so well BUT in a full hook up Resort....do whatever pleases you. I always lay out the ground rope lights, hang the flag, put out a welcome sign etc etc. I dont "get off" telling others what they can do in their sites....but I see, as usual, many others feel its their duty!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
WE have always preferred that NATURE decorate our campsites ๐Ÿ™‚ Flashing lights and plastic deer are what we go camping to get away from ๐Ÿ™‚
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Grass, leaves and trees works for me.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch