cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoes, Shoes and more shoes.

jlee745
Explorer
Explorer
Went camping this past weekend for the first time this season and it rained almost the whole weekend. I have teenage kids and as you know they have to take friends. I had 12 pairs of shoes floating around my camper. If they heard me complain about having to get shoes out of the middle of the floor once they heard it a million times. We only have a single slide so there is not a lot of walking room or storage. Can anyone please give me any suggestions of what to do with extra shoes.
Our camping photos2008 Jayco Jayflight 28bhs
2001 F-150 5.4 Supercrew 4x4
2000 F/S 17ft. Javelin
2 50cc scooters
13 REPLIES 13

resmas
Explorer
Explorer
We don't wear our shoes into the camper.

They all get taken off and put in a plastic bin by the steps. Instead of a lid, we just slide the bin back far enough under the camper that no rain can get in. When it comes time to move, the entire bin gets put in the pass-thru or stashed inside the camper. It is always full of multiple pairs of sneakers, crocs, flip-flops and mud boots for the kids. It contains all the dirt an mud so none of it gets tracked on the inside of the camper...
2012 Dutchmen Voltage Epic 3795
2010 Dodge 3500 DRW MC
2009 GMC 2500 DA CC
2012 Smart-for-two (sometimes hitches a ride in the Voltage!)
2005 Sundowner Sunlite 777

Papasmurf10
Explorer
Explorer
I will get back with a picture but it won't be till afer the weekend of May 18th. My camper is on my seasonal site and I won't be there before that
2008 Ford F-350 Laredo
2009 Montana 1465

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We have a rear living room model that had two swivel rockers in the back. We replaced one with an entry bench with shoe storage underneath. It is actually more comfortable to sit in than the rocker and we don't have to move it to put the slide in. We added some padding and a back pillow and it's an excellent window seat.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

jlee745
Explorer
Explorer
Papasmurf I would have to see a pic of that.
2000 F/S 17ft. Javelin
2 50cc scooters

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
Eycom - truer words were never spoken. My son is at the stage of his life, where he is falling over shoes so to speak - I'm at the stage where I love having them here to fall over when the GK's are with us.

OP - We leave our shoes outside, too, to keep the MH cleaner. I like the idea of the bin with a lid.... we usually just have them lined up under the edge, beside the steps.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

Papasmurf10
Explorer
Explorer
Get these type of shelves, cut to the width of your stairs, install upside down under teh stairs with the back supported by the stai crossbrace and use spring loaded bars across the front for support. Make sure to get the shelves that have a lip, not just the flat ones. i hope this makes sense.

htshelves
2008 Ford F-350 Laredo
2009 Montana 1465

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate and deal with it for as long as it takes. Too soon, you'll be down to just two pair. And while that in itself is nice, it's a blessing when the little shoes start showing up again.:) I know that concept is hard to conceive in your current fog of war, but it'll become much clearer down the road.:B
RVn Full-time

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Our shoes are left in the bin under our entrance step. Close to the door, out of the way and easily access. It has a lid for rain.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

stitchinsue
Explorer
Explorer
Oh I understand this! We do hav a spot by the dinette that is out of the way, so that is where the pile goes. I ave a tray that they go on so the dirt is sort of contained. Otherwise, the shoes are outside.

Camper_Mama_Bea
Explorer
Explorer
unfortnatly not an easy answer, and most trailers aren't built with good shoe storage areas. Our family is younger, so we have smaller shoes, but wet/muddy shoes stay outside and go under the trailer, only a driving rain will get them wetter then they already are. inside the door I have a waterhog type mat, shoes line up on there. ...so help the person who steps off that mat with shoes on... shoes that are not being used I have a cabinet some go in, and some line up under my bed. an upcoming project is to build better shoe storage in the trailer.
Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

jlee745
Explorer
Explorer
I have boys that have to take their Georgia boots everywhere. I was about ready to throw them in the trash if they didn't cost so much.lol
2000 F/S 17ft. Javelin
2 50cc scooters

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
One of those hang on the door shoe holders.
Hang them from the awning

Holly-n-Matt
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar situation this weekend. Next time we go out, I am putting a bin outside by the stairs and their shoes need to go in there so we aren't tripping over them and injuring ourselves! I plan to keep the lid under it so I can just put the lid on at night and/or incase it rains.