cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ideal campground..

travelingfools
Explorer
Explorer
While sitting around the fire last weekend, in the rain I might add, the discussion moved to what an ideal campground would be like.. If we could design the sites, say what activities were available and what amenities might be available..

We came up with sites that had some privacy, but open with some sort of a view, good water and electric, level, a pond or lake, activities for kids and some adult activities in the early evening, garbage pickup, pizza and wing shop and wi/fi. These were a few I remember..

What would be your ideal campground ?
'87 MCI 9 bus..just starting conversion..Cant wait till spring !
24 REPLIES 24

Kodimerlyn
Explorer
Explorer
ANewCreation wrote:
OFDPOS wrote:
All of the above and lets add
1.Be able to contact powers that be when there is a problem in the CG 24/7.
2.To NOT here the music blasting from 5 camp sites away.
3.Dogs to be on leach at all times unless in vehicle/TT,5vr,MH. PERIOD.

This was a good thread...but there is always one :S

I was just thinkin that! 😉

ANewCreation
Explorer
Explorer
OFDPOS wrote:

This was a good thread...but there is always one :S

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer

jims1
Explorer
Explorer
All the above but need a twist on the Bar, make it mobile so you don't have to walk anywhere!
Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

Nola_Campers
Explorer
Explorer
In fall or winter:
mountain and/or rock formation view; great hikes nearby; very secluded

In Summer:
access to water (preferably beach or river tubing); nicely shaded spot

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
A site with electric next to a nice trout filled stream that no one else knows about!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
GENECOP wrote:
Big wide roads, privacy between sites, water view, nice helpful office, clean and neat. Rv wash station, Ice Cream shop, BBQ at lunch, live music on weekends....$30 per night.

Nice Clean Park, Full of Amenities, and Cheap?

I have always said you could get 2 out of the 3 but not all 3! Let me know when you find the mysterious RV Park you speak of!
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
johnwalkerpa1 wrote:
noe-place wrote:
Would be on a cliff with a fantastic ocean view and only a few steps from each rv site to the beach. ....:h

I'd be a little careful of being "on a cliff with an ocean view with only a few steps to the beach"...that first step might be a little rough :B

Yes, I should correct that. It would be only a few steps to the elevator that would take you down to the beach. :W

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
noe-place wrote:
Would be on a cliff with a fantastic ocean view and only a few steps from each rv site to the beach. ....:h

I'd be a little careful of being "on a cliff with an ocean view with only a few steps to the beach"...that first step might be a little rough :B

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Would be on a cliff with a fantastic ocean view and only a few steps from each rv site to the beach. An 18 hole PGA style golf course with pedways to eliminate carts. Twenty-four hour armed security police. Maid service for all rvs. Free wi-fi, phone and cable. Clean up crews that would wash your rv on request. High and low end restuarants that deliver to your rv. More to come...as soon as I think of it....:h

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of trees, large isolated sites, no camp pad (put the trailer wherever is convenient - ala Algonquin PP, Pog Lake CG), direct water access (lake, river or stream, as appropriate), view of water, access roads that are arranged in such a way that there's very little traffic on any single road except maybe a central artery, large clean bathhouse with laundry facilities that work well, very quiet (no road noise - I want to hear the animals at night and the birds in the morning), a variety of hiking trails with varying distances from hour-long easy hikes, to day hikes, to overnight hikes, to multiple overnight hikes, and the same for kayaking and kayak camping, some trails hilly/mountainous (not too extreme - very close to the ideal is the hiking Acadia NP in Maine and the kayaking at Lake Superior PP in Ontario).

Don't care about electric, water, pavement, or other amenities. If they're there I use them, but where I camp they're usually not there.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
This place during the off season. JMO
Full timing it since July 2012

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Fort Wilderness at Disney World, Florida is as close as we've found for that ideal campground and even it wasn't perfect. The site we had a few years ago had the front half paved and the back half sand; presumably for tenters. The back stabilizers were in the sand!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
Huge spacious lots on a beautiful lake with lots of trees. Mountains in the background. A golf course, live acoustic music on the weekends, a fountain of Seagram's 7 and all of this at a clothing optional resort for the ages of 40 and over.