Explorer
Explorer
"The Emperor's New Clothes" ....

Dah EMPEROR, ....... Well, in "My World" anyways! ... :B
32 REPLIES 32

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
She is cute and that coat is beautiful on her. It sure would be fun to walk her at the park and let people try to guess her mix. :W
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
raindove wrote:
CA POPPY wrote:
I'm still trying to picture "chihuahua/whippet mix" :E :B

Hard to tell even from the photo -- her back is as long as my cocker spaniel, but she is very thin and very long legs. She is only like 13 or 14 lbs. It took several alterations when trying to make her a coat to get it right. She is cute as a button though.

Edit: She was actually adopted through that Rescue Roadtrips thing where they transport dogs from down south up to the Northeast.

She's cute as HECK! Love the jacket! ... .

Pops

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
CA POPPY wrote:

Hard to tell even from the photo -- her back is as long as my cocker spaniel, but she is very thin and very long legs. She is only like 13 or 14 lbs. It took several alterations when trying to make her a coat to get it right. She is cute as a button though.

Edit: She was actually adopted through that Rescue Roadtrips thing where they transport dogs from down south up to the Northeast.

Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
AZPops wrote:
raindove wrote:
Looks like it fits him great!! That is no easy feat. Have a friend who adopted a chihuahua/whippet mix -- she couldn't find anything that fits her. I ended up custom making a coat for her.

Perhaps Calvin could get a job modeling to supplement his biscuit funding. He's a good looking boy!!

Thanks, now you've got the Kid checking online fur a modeling agent. ... :R

Would be great, if he did though. So long as the checks are made out to me. ... :B

Pops

Hey Calvin I happen to be a modeling agent for a part time gig. And no we won't make the checks out to Pops...:B

Sorry, I can't hear you!

Pops .... :B

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Darcy the Min Pin

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
AZPops wrote:
raindove wrote:
Looks like it fits him great!! That is no easy feat. Have a friend who adopted a chihuahua/whippet mix -- she couldn't find anything that fits her. I ended up custom making a coat for her.

Perhaps Calvin could get a job modeling to supplement his biscuit funding. He's a good looking boy!!

Would be great, if he did though. So long as the checks are made out to me. ... :B

Pops

Hey Calvin I happen to be a modeling agent for a part time gig. And no we won't make the checks out to Pops...:B

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
raindove wrote:

Pops

raindove
Explorer
Explorer

Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, and unlike the "other" emperor, I can see this one's clothes REAL WELL!
Good job, Pops!
Darcy the Min Pin

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Just a thought: Put it on your furchild and once it's adjusted, cover the exposed velcro hooks with duct tape. Duct tape comes in a variety of colors now at Walmart and you can find one to match.

Another option: buy some Velcro to match in width and strength then take the fuzzy side and just attach it over the exposed hook loops to cover them and to stop the aggravation.

Hank and Calvin are looking very smart in their new gear. :W

That's a great idea! I'll send you the measurements! ....

Calvin

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a thought: Put it on your furchild and once it's adjusted, cover the exposed velcro hooks with duct tape. Duct tape comes in a variety of colors now at Walmart and you can find one to match.

Another option: buy some Velcro to match in width and strength then take the fuzzy side and just attach it over the exposed hook loops to cover them and to stop the aggravation.

Hank and Calvin are looking very smart in their new gear. :W
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
Hank just got his coat this morning, They fit really well, Only thing I gotta work out is,, The velcro on the chest, he laid down on the carpet and got stuck to it!!

Hank's looking good! ... ... But yeah, that's what happened to Calvin, when he laid down on his rug. I tried reversing the jacket, but the Velcro (hard bristlely (?) side) is then facing his stomach. So the Red side is how he'll wear it. Love the jacket though, and the fit!

Pops

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Hank just got his coat this morning, They fit really well, Only thing I gotta work out is,, The velcro on the chest, he laid down on the carpet and got stuck to it!!

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
nabi wrote:
Looking fab Calvin !

xteacher wrote:
Looks great! I love red on a black lab.

Thanks, buts Pops is gonna have me wear it, with the grey showing. Why? Well, see the rug (in the photo of me's) in front of Pops chair?

When I got up to follow Pops, the Velcro grabbed the rug, and it started following me's around. The Velcro's purty strong, cause I couldn't shake it off.

I's thinks it's a conspiracy conjured up by them mangy wabbits. Bet they had sometun to do with it!

Calvin