cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heaven Acquired a New Angel Calvin's Gift

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
My boy's at peace, and playing with his big sister Harlee. NDSDF Adoption Approved; 07/07/2009 Arrived; 07/10/2009 to 04/05/2017

Pops
67 REPLIES 67

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
I just got back from running a few errands with Ma this morning. We wound up doing a few extra things. Kind’ah trying to keep my mind busy.

When I opened our thread. Reading all of your heartfelt condolences, and thoughts of me and the boy. It left me speechless!

It was a really rough 5 days. When the decision was made that he couldn't recover from his illness. His DOC for the past 5 plus years, came in on her day off to meet me and the boy at her clinic.

While he was laying on his favorite blanket. I had him in my arms, while she was sending him off to the Man Upstairs. She had a great connection with the boy.

On that note; Calvin left me his small tin, holding all of his saved allowances I gave him (I tell yah, I should'ah cut back on his allowance ... :E). The boy left a note, asking me to purchase a Koa Wood keep sake box for DOC (similar to the one Harlee bought DOC when she helped her cross the bridge. What was unusual, was the coincidence. DOC came in to the clinic (where she was working at that time) on her day off to help Harlee).

So, per the boy's request. I'll order one, then take it to DOC. I think she'll be surprised and happy at the same time.

BTW, did I mention I should'ah cut back on the boy's allowance!.. :S

Pops

PS Roy and Carolyn, thank you very much for the poem!

PPS I'm confident Harlee, Shredder, and the boy are chasing each other, playing, and enjoying the World the Man Upstairs' prepared for them!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dang it Pops.......

Can't even post

Sorry!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Tears... I am so sorry Pops. Hopefully Shredder will find him up there cause she had a HUGE crush on him.

Take comfort he is happy, chasing bunnies, and free from any pain. May your heart be healed quickly and only precious memories remain. Hugs
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Oh Pops I'm so very sorry, I remember when you adopted him and what a lucky boy he was...I was already in love with Harlee so it was so easy to fall in love with that handsome dog.
Thinking of you but you know...Harlee is as Happy as a pig in s**t, LOL

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

Elizabeth24
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss. May your memories help to heal your broken heart .

campincandice
Explorer
Explorer
Pops, I'm so sorry for your loss! Calvin was such an important part of your life, and also leaves a big hole in this forum! Will be thinking of you in this tough time!
Candice

Steve - Partner in Crime
Molly - black lab
Sabbath - chocolate lab/weimaraner

2014 Open Range LT274RLS

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We will all miss hearing about Calvin so much.

I'll never forget posting a photo of my girl, a Labrador hearing dog from Dogs for the Deaf, and you replied that Calvin was in love. I think Raylene and Calvin even ate the same kind of dogfood. I'd like to think he'll reserve a cozy spot for her, for that "someday" long in the future, I hope, when she crosses the bridge, too. They fill our hearts and we know they'll break them eventually, but it's worth it.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry for you losses... Our beloved animals are so much a part of our life...

I found comfort in the Rainbow Bridge Poem. I learned about the Rainbow Bridge and Animals when we was living in the Phoenix Arizona area.

Rainbow Bridge Poem

Roy and Carolyn
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awwwww... Pops, I'm so sorry for your loss 😞 This made me all teary - they say when they leave, they leave a dog-sized hole in our hearts; and Calvin was a BIG dude! (((((HUG!)))))
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pops, so sorry for your loss of Calvin. Always enjoyed reading his posts. They take a piece of our heart with them and leave a footprint.

brewjaz
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for the loss of your sweet Calvin. Keep he and Harlee's memories close to your heart and they'll always be with you.

fredandkathy
Explorer
Explorer
I believe when you die and go to heaven, all the dogs and cats you've every had in your life will come running to meet you.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry Pops.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Some folks believe in reincarnation...me, not so much...but if I'm wrong and it really exists, I want to come back as one of your dogs. You give them your wholehearted love, support, and affection...things we all need. Calvin will be missed by all of us. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Cat Lady
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

Lisaren
Explorer
Explorer
You and Calvin have been a part of my life since you first began the stories of his adoption. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. May you find peace in this difficult time.
Lisaren
Madison5004
2 rugrats
2001 Flagstaff 227 Pop-Up
2 non-camping cats - Miss Kitty and Jet
1 dog - Sirius