cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost our little traveling companion

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
A very sad and heart wrenching day for Cherie and I. Last evening, we had to put out our beloved Chloe (our Yorkie) to her final rest. She was our loyal companion who had been with us for 14 out of the 15 years of our married life together. Cherie got her as a new born pup about a year after we were married. Chloe spent her entire life by our side. As we never had children of our own, Chloe was kind of our “little girl”. She did practically everything with us. She was Cherie’s “shadow” in everything she did, and an unconditional loyal and loving companion to both of us. Chloe loved to travel with us in the motorhome, and came with us on practically every RV trip we ever took. She was always there, by our side. We already miss her so very much. It is going to be extremely difficult to get used to our Chloe not being here with us anymore. Our hearts are broken.

Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis
41 REPLIES 41

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so very much for your kind and encouraging words. I had DW (Cherie) read through all of these posts, and she was very touched, as was I. Once again, thank you for your kindness. God bless you all and may he keep you safe in your travels.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
So very sorry for your loss.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
So very sorry for your losing Chloe. And condolences to the others with recent losses as well. She was well loved and that is the best thing any of our pets can hope for.

Thinking of you and praying for peace.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
Our hearts cry with you. I know how you're feeling too well as Buddy Blue's loss is still painful.

What a darling love. Her memories will make you smile...in time. Plant a tree in her name. It seems silly, but we did it for Buddy and it made me feel better.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was obviously well-loved! Run free, sweet Chloe!!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
So sorry for your loss.

It is always tuff when you loose a fur baby. They have unconditional love for us.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

rwj146
Explorer
Explorer
I am sorry for your loss.
Courage is endurance for one moment more…
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, ouch! That is really tough, especially with Chloe being a big part of your life for such a long time. There's no easy way, no shortcuts. You will look for her everywhere and tear up at the darndest little thing that reminds you.
Such perfect love, they give us. All you can do is be grateful for the time you had with her, and I know you are, but STILL! One day you will realize she never left at all. She will be in your hearts forever.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's always sad to lose a pet; it's heart-wrenching to lose one whose life was totally intertwined with yours - and then there's losing your camping pal, too. Cherish the memories (((HUG!)))
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss. We had to put one of our furbabies down in 2009 Diesel and less than a year later the other one Lady. Never easy saying goodbye, especially when Diesel was only 2, lady was 17. They truly do become part of your family.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF 🙂 campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I am so truly sorry for your loss, we had to put one of ours down in Feb. and the pain is as fresh as it was that cold day in Feb.

Admin
Moved to RV Pet Stop from Class A

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
Very sorry for your loss. It is extremely difficult to lose a pet. They are just as special in our lives as any human can be. Give yourself time to recover some before introducing a new pet.

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
We feel for you. There has been furrie members in our family since childhood and it does not get easier as they pass away. No other dog will ever replace your Chloe. There are plenty of candidates to start new memories at the nearest animal shelter.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC