cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New camping buddy

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Back in February we lost our 14 year old Chow, Sandy that was the best camping partner we've ever had. In May we adopted a 2 month old mixed breed pound puppy, Ashlyn. It's been very hard not to compare a VERY hyper,into everything puppy to our gentile little old girl who just wanted to be loved.
This past weekend, was Ashlyn's 3rd camping adventure and she was on her best behavior. As much as she loves to jump on people and nip at everyone, she was very gentile with all the kids that came running up to her, and she was getting better every day on her leash.
And she loves to have her picture taken! She was even born with a natural "smile".

Ashlyn
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
19 REPLIES 19

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
gaymeadowsman wrote:
LJAZ wrote:
Wow - now that's a face that has "Let's play!" written all over it. Congrats on the new addition.

LOL, You don't know the half of it. When she sleeps she is running and softly barking sometimes!

Ha! Dreaming about the next camping trip no doubt.
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! She is smiling! So cute!

It's hard to go from an older sweet dog to a rambunctious puppy. We lost our 12 year old mini schnauzer and 6 months later we got our girl Stella who was 12 weeks old. I could hardly handle the change and cried a lot (not sure if it was dealing with the puppy issues or the loss of our schnauzer). Our other dog hated her and stayed on the couch all the time to keep away from her. We got her trained at about 6 months old and she has been a different dog ever since. She is such a sweetheart and everyone loves her (including me). The only habit we haven't been able to break is jumping on people's laps when they are sitting down and giving her attention. She thinks everyone wants 35 lbs of dog in their lap. Thankfully, our friends are understanding. ๐Ÿ™‚
Shannen and Rick, empty nesters and loving it!
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
LJAZ wrote:
Wow - now that's a face that has "Let's play!" written all over it. Congrats on the new addition.

LOL, You don't know the half of it. When she sleeps she is running and softly barking sometimes!
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wonderful! Thank you for rescuing a pound puppy :c
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

otis-agnes
Explorer
Explorer
Oh my... she's so cute! Enjoy!! Agnes
Otis, Agnes and Penny & Twinkie (our rescue pups)
2018 Grey Wolf 23MK
2019 Ford F250

chrisnpat
Explorer
Explorer
Look at that cute smile, congrats, have lots of fun.
Christine and Patrick
Cocker Spaniels
Trevor and two Fosters Kahlua and Blossom
Life is What happens to you while your busy making plans.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
What a sweet face! Congratulations!!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
She is adorable. I am sure she will settle in with you in a few more months. You never get over the ones you lose. We had a german shepherd that grew up with our children. The children grew up and left home and old Fritz departed this earth so many years ago, I still miss him, I guess I always will. Now I have two little yorkies and I love them dearly, but its not the same relationship I had with Fritz.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Awwww, what a face!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!! Cute puppy!
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss,, She is a sweetie!! Glad she is mellowing out so soon! Sounds to be another great camping buddy!
We lost our best camper two years ago, a 12.5 year old Black Lab Mastiff,Snickers, he was such a good camper. We now have a two year old English Pointer Hank! He is keeping us younger with all the exercise he demands,, But I still have a deep hole in my heart for Snickers,, I know it takes time to heal,, But I will never be able to hook up the trailer with out thinking of him,, Hank is so much fun,, but we always seem to relate our trips to times with Snickers..
Enjoy every minute if the day with Ashlyn, they are not with us long enough!! She is beautiful!!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
She is a cutie. Congratulations on your new family member.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Aww, she's way cute. And at only two months, she's still got a lot of growing to do. I tend to think we owners have a lot to do with how a pup turns out, so I suspect Ashlyn will be just as wonderful in her own way as your previous girl. Congrats on your new family member!
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background