cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long camping friend

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well today we just did one of the hardest things I`ll ever have to do. We had to put down our 10 1/2 year old German shepherd. He was very healthy up until February when he started getting seizures. Then he started to have trouble walking. We came to find out he had a tumor in his brain. We couldn`t stand watching him not be able to walk without falling down. Very sad to watch for a dog that cannot sit still for 2 minutes! we will miss him greatly!

R.I.P Shadow
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
41 REPLIES 41

Crazy4gsds
Explorer
Explorer
So terribly sorry for your loss. You're right heaven gained a wonderful sentry with that gorgeous sable boy! I hope my two German Shepherds were there to greet him and are playing nicely with Shadow. The shadowbox that your wife put together is just beautiful.
2011 CruiserRV Viewfinder 27RBSS
2012 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew EcoBoost
Frannie our dark sable German Shepherd furkid
Fritz our red sable German Shepherd Dog gone but never forgotten
Darby our black/tan German Shepherd Dog gone but never forgotten

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful work!
susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
Wonderful job on the shadow box. Hugs to you both, and the cat.
Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
My deepest condolences. I had to make the same decision for several dogs, including two beloved German Shepherds, the last a year and a half ago. They will always be with me. It is never easy, but it was the best thing you could have done for him.
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, that is really nice! It's amazing how much these little mementos mean to us. We don't ever want to feel that they are forgotten.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you again everyone! we appreciate it.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry for your loss of Shadow....what a beautiful dog! Very nice memorial box.
Take care
Patty
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so truly sorry for the loss of your Shadow.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your wife did a terrific job with the memorial. God bless you both.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry for your loss of Shadow.

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss on a beautiful much loved fur baby. The shadow box is very nice, We didn't get anything back from Diesel when we said goodbye, I now have a nice tattoo of him. I also have hung on our walls, the pictures of Diesel & Lady with their collars hanging by them. May the memories live on in your hearts.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF 🙂 campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well we got our paw prints back from the vet along with some of his fur. My DW made a nice shadow box memorial for him, turned out beautiful and she found a great saying to go in it. he is greatly missed and our Memorial Day trip was just missing something, he was always the first one crying and whining to get into the truck because he enjoyed it that much!!! and I miss the walks around the campground.

I love that they do the paw prints now. when I had to put down my Chow/Golden Retriever mix I don`t think they did this. they offered us Shadow`s ashes, but since it was a group cremation, we weren`t getting his ashes alone, this seems like a better way to go for us.

Thanks again everyone!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

bt6845
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful pictures, so sorry for you loss.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
When my beloved Ike was put down, I told a good friend that he spent more time with me, than my own dear husband. They imprint themselves into everything we do - so it's hardly a surprise when their loss leaves a huge gaping hole in our hearts. I'm so sorry for your loss.....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!