cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

15000 BTU AC

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
My Dometic A/C may have to be replaced. If I opt for a heat pump will the wiring need to be changed?
5 REPLIES 5

NLPRacing
Explorer
Explorer
sonora wrote:
I just removed a Coleman Mach AC unit and replaced it with an Atwood Air Command with heat pump. I had too few existing wires for the new unit and had to pull new wires for it but it was WELL WORTH the extra day's work doing it.

I had to be creative in getting the wires from inside the wall to up inside the ceiling to inside the duct work to the unit.

I'm about to purchase a new Atwood to replace the Advent AC in my Kodiak. How is the Atwood working for you? How big is your camper?
2014 Ford F150 Raptor towing our 2013 Kodiak 300BHSL

sonora
Explorer
Explorer
I just removed a Coleman Mach AC unit and replaced it with an Atwood Air Command with heat pump. I had too few existing wires for the new unit and had to pull new wires for it but it was WELL WORTH the extra day's work doing it.

I had to be creative in getting the wires from inside the wall to up inside the ceiling to inside the duct work to the unit.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IF you have the WALL Tstat with an LED screen, no extra wiring needed. MOST wired Tstat systems have extra 1 to 3 wires in the cable. Doug

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look behind your wall thermostat. A cable with extra conductors might have been installed just because they had it in stock. Mine was built that way.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
The power wiring will be the same, but if it has a remote thermostat that may need a new cable with more conductors.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.