cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any idea where to get a fuse diagram for the outside lights?

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
All of my front clearance lights are out. The bulbs are fine. ALL I want to know is the location of the fuse.

Weeks of searching and no luck. No mention in the chassis or the motor home user manuals.

MANY mentions of people looking for the same thing, although nobody answers the question. They just say "I had the same problem, it was a broken wire" or "It is likely not a fuse". Not ONE person just says where the fuse is located! I am going crazy! lol

I get that it may not be the fuse... But the first thing I should do is CHECK the fuse! However, it seems like the location is a well guarded secret!

The TWO manuals for the RV are confusing. One for the chassis and one for the motor home. Some answers are in one, some in the other. Are the clearance lights part of the chassis? Or the motor home?
13 REPLIES 13

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
DO the side marker and rear marker /clearance lights work? If so the fuse is good, Same fuse, you have either a Ground Fault (Suspect #1) or broken wire (#2) or the bulbs are not as good as you think (Suspect $ 3,000)

THe fuse will be in one of two or three places
The main CHASSIS fuse box (labeled)
The aux panel (you shoudl have a label for that)
or part of the headlight switch (have not seen that done in a long, long, time)

But if the rest of the lights work.. I do not think it is the fuse

You only have two fuses for outside lights
The other is the porch light, lighted handle and work light, that is in the HOUSE fuse block.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
LED lights are polarity sensitive.

****! And I knew this also... Now I just made things worse. If they need them all to work, then I will never be able to "guess" the correct orientation of them all! I can figure them out and mark the + with a marker.

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
JD is partially correct, but gave the wrong chassis(your booboo), you need to go to winnebagoind.com and go to the section for schematics and manuals.

There are 2 Sections to the electrical schematics. The Winnie section and the Ford section.

Look for a schematic with the running lights and using the code there to check what the wire is connected to on both ends.

It's a dective game but when you learn the rules, you'll have it made.

Check back after you down load and look at them. If you still have questions, let us give you some help.

Not sure what you mean. It seems to take me to the same place that JD said. I don't see any part for "Ford" as an option. Just the spot for the 35B.

I have been here before and the wiring diagram doesn't help "me". While it did show me all kinds of things I needed to know (like what switch does what), I am unable to understand how it shows me what fuse is what. I can trace the line for the lights to an "area", but it does not seem to be the fuse box.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
JD is partially correct, but gave the wrong chassis(your booboo), you need to go to winnebagoind.com and go to the section for schematics and manuals.

There are 2 Sections to the electrical schematics. The Winnie section and the Ford section.

Look for a schematic with the running lights and using the code there to check what the wire is connected to on both ends.

It's a dective game but when you learn the rules, you'll have it made.

Check back after you down load and look at them. If you still have questions, let us give you some help.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
You own a WINNEBAGO! One of Winne's best features is one you can't see, which is availability of Parts Lists, Wiring Diagrams etc.

Take a look HERE!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
LED lights are polarity sensitive.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Motorhones do not have a house fuse for the running lights

They use a chassis fuse. Find and test every Ford, Chevy, Dodge, chassis fuse.

Clearance and running lights are on the SAME fuse.

So SOME of the lamps working cannot be a fuse issue

Go to the string of lights up close and personal

Start removing lenses and housings from the body

One lamp assembly will contain 2 extra wires.

Do you have power at that lamp

So you have chassis negative at that lamp

I opened up all 5 lights. I replaced all the bulbs even though they appeared fine with new LED bulbs. No double set of wires. All had TWO wires going to them... White and black.

Front clearance lights still do not work. Every other clearance and marker light works. Wires to the lights all seemed fine. No noticeable breaks.

I would not care (not sure why you need them) but I don't think it will pass inspection.

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
I saw some place on your other post about a G-30. This is your profile!
That is wrong for a Adventure, it would be a Ford F53 or a Workhorse (Chev) chassis.
Fords have two fuse blocks, one under dash and one under the hood.
Clearance lights normally are off fuse for tailights.
I doubt whether a lamp outage would do your problem.

It is a Ford chassis for sure. When I Googled the VIN, it said it was a F-550. However, I have also seen a F-53.

The G-30 is my OLD RV. I will have to update my profile.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I saw some place on your other post about a G-30. This is your profile!
That is wrong for a Adventure, it would be a Ford F53 or a Workhorse (Chev) chassis.
Fords have two fuse blocks, one under dash and one under the hood.
Clearance lights normally are off fuse for tailights.
I doubt whether a lamp outage would do your problem.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! I can't believe I forgot to put my make and model! (Long day!)

It is a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35B

I also think it is NOT the fuse as the rear clearance lights and all the marker lights work. Just figured i would start with the fuse anyway.

I have heard that it is possible if ONE light is out, they all go out as it seems "MEXICOWANDERER " may be implying. Now that I know to look for "extra wires", it will give me a better idea. I took off 2 from the far passenger side. Both bulbs looked fine, no electricity from bulb housing.

I will check the far driver's side and see if that one is different. I hope it is just a bulb... Not being the fuse makes me nervous!

MrWizard
it comes off the light switch
you did not tell us which chassis, what year

start tracing wires from the light switch
get the chiltons book for your chassis, and you should get the chassis wiring, light switch etc..

running/marker/clearance lights
there is the possibility of switch failure, but the fuse is in the chassis fuses
under the hood or under the dash
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What is make and model of the rig? It is on Chev G30 chassis, but some coach manufacturers do strange things.
Look behind the driver's seat where the rig widens out for a fuse panel. It may have a paneling type cover. Couple rigs I have seen has fuses there for some items.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Motorhones do not have a house fuse for the running lights

They use a chassis fuse. Find and test every Ford, Chevy, Dodge, chassis fuse.

Clearance and running lights are on the SAME fuse.

So SOME of the lamps working cannot be a fuse issue

Go to the string of lights up close and personal

Start removing lenses and housings from the body

One lamp assembly will contain 2 extra wires.

Do you have power at that lamp

So you have chassis negative at that lamp