cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bad converter

challenger1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 rockwood 8313 ss pull behind camper,i have a weird situation ,the lights in my camper start flashing on and off,then kick off,but if I put more load on electricity it will stay on.what could this be?
22 REPLIES 22

challenger1
Explorer
Explorer
weird thing is if ya turn on bath room fan or something else that runs off 110 ,the power (12 vlt)kicks back on for awhile with no problem in entire camper but then when ya lessen 110 devices it does it again why would this be?

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
challenger1 wrote:
im plugged in to rv park power ,isn't the battery out of equation?

Yes it is. if plugged into park power, the only thing that happens to the battery is that the converter should keep it charged. Disconnect the battery an if you have no 12V to anything, you have a bad converter.
2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

challenger1
Explorer
Explorer
the weird thing is the more things ya run in camper the less likely the power goes out. why would that be?

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
challenger1 wrote:

NO! The converter is there to recharge the battery. A dead battery will suck everything the converter has in an attempt to recharge.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
It's the ground its always the ground.

challenger1
Explorer
Explorer

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Loose connection, bad battery would be my first two guesses. Take the battery out, fully charge it and have it load tested.