cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best weight distribution hitch?

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to buy a new hitch when I buy a new trailer. Is there anything new on the market or is the E Z Lift still the best answer? I was just looking on line and it looks nothing had changed over the last ten years. Anything new I should look into before I buy another E Z Lift?
23 REPLIES 23

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I really think the question should be, what WDH should I avoid. Most work well.
I'm partial to my Husky Centerline TS. Square bar style with built in sway control. Creaky loud on right angle turns, though ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bought used and properly installed by dealer for $250.
I've read great things about these various WDH discussed on this forum. The only expensive one I'd remotely consider is the Anderson for saving weight. And it's too expensive right now for me.
I paid about $11,500.00 for my TT new. Not putting $1000 into a WDH for that. Especially since I recently bought a proper tow vehicle that doesn't need the WDH ๐Ÿ˜‰
That said, I still use the WDH for a more comfortable tow.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
Either a Hensley Arrow or a Pro-pride. Do your research. It should be against the law to tow without one of these hitches.

Advise like this makes me laugh. If other WDH do such a poor job I would expect mile after mile of trailer wrecks as I drive down the highway. I can only recall 3 single vehicle camper wrecks in 45+ years of travel. (not mine, that I've driven past)
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

Gdub2
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
Why do people have to go overboard? I'm sure there are trailers that need an HA or similar, but not all. I've been towing mine with an Equal-I-zer for 16 years with ZERO sway or control issues. On top of that, my hitch is much easier to hitch/unhitch especially in un-level situations that arise when you boondock in the mountains.
it's called keeping up with the Jones's I have a
Equal-I-zer tows like a champ.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Why do people have to go overboard? I'm sure there are trailers that need an HA or similar, but not all. I've been towing mine with an Equal-I-zer for 16 years with ZERO sway or control issues. On top of that, my hitch is much easier to hitch/unhitch especially in un-level situations that arise when you boondock in the mountains.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Either a Hensley Arrow or a Pro-pride. Do your research. It should be against the law to tow without one of these hitches.

You can purchase used on eBay.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I have the Reese dual cam with its active sway control and it works great (which I prefer over my old friction bar system) but there are some much newer designs on the market that look very interesting.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Spade Cooley wrote:
I'm going to buy a new hitch when I buy a new trailer. Is there anything new on the market or is the E Z Lift still the best answer? I was just looking on line and it looks nothing had changed over the last ten years. Anything new I should look into before I buy another E Z Lift?

I would look at something with integrated sway control, it's less hassle than a friction bar.

How big will the new TT be?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
My friends with experience all told me to get an Equalizer brand.

Found a used one on craigslist.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
This belongs in the Towing forum.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)