cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bluetooth Adjustable Converter?

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
As a sort of rv.net tech issues survey, would you like your converter to have a bluetooth module that you could set the charging parameters Vabs and Vabs timing to any voltage and time, kind of like this? :

Most converters are not adjustable, but do not meet many typical battery charging specs, which can be frustrating. If a solar controller or the charger in an inverter/charger can have this, why not a converter?

Would you use it if yours had it? is the question. Thanks.

https://www.custommarineproducts.com/uploads/1/4/3/7/1437708/using_the_ep_controller_bluetooth_app_1...
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.
22 REPLIES 22

MrWizard
The solar controller I installed in the Safari is Bluetooth controlled, and I really like having that function, it replaces a dedicated wired in monitor and control module,
I installed the control app on my tablet,
As. For app updates,, an app designed and dedicated to operating one piece of hardware, comes from the hardware mfg, an once setup and working, is less likely to cause problems than a controller module, and does not need maintaining, backup the app on your Google drive or MS one drive, it will be there if you get a new phone

Yes if my converter had that ability, I would use it
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tbh nope, I'd rather it be on a small screen with a program running on the microcontroller or just set via DIP switches. The reason is long term support, stupid apps don't get maintained or the company goes bankrupt and the app ceases to be available when you replace your phone. An I2C 4" screen and some ribbon or twisted pair cable is going to cost less than writing and maintaining an app.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yet another "Iot" Internet of things product?

Something else to break on the next firmware update?

Nope.

Too many glitchy half baked "app" products out there already..

I rather just go camping instead of micromanaging my batteries..

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
As I said... if it is working correctly I don't need to monitor it. The good converters have a timer.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
Nope. Would not use it. I really try to avoid the phone thing when camping. And it it works properly I don't need to monitor it.

You usually want a timer on Vabs.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Nope. Would not use it. I really try to avoid the phone thing when camping. And it it works properly I don't need to monitor it.

Homeless_by_Cho
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I would!

LeRoy
Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012
2015 Chevy 3500, Duramax, 4X4, DRW, Crew cab, Long bed
2013 Northern Lite 8'11"Q Sportsman truck camper
2015 Polaris RZR Side by Side

red31
Explorer