cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CD PLAYER door problem???

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
have one of those built in radio CD players in the TT and i haven't played the CD for awhile... today i decided to play one and i pushed the door button and the CD door will not open... i tried to push on it and wiggle the door but still nothing.
Any tricks to get the door open to play a CD???
17 REPLIES 17

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
found an online manual for the unit by searching 'cd player qx-3201'. manual is for a model qx-3202 but appears to be the same unit. manual says if cd door won't open to press the button a second time.

manual
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
The brand name is Quest. It's a piece of junk. Replace it with a Jensen RV unit (junk but not as big a piece of **** as the Quest is) or a name brand car unit from Crutchfield or somewhere. Do not replace with an IRV or Furrion brand which are both at least 400% crappier than the Quest.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
thank u OPNSPACES, maybe will try ur second idea and try to open it.. hate to take the entire unit apart..if i can't get it open than maybe i will just get a CD player and i believe this unit has a AUX jack to plug a CD in.
will keep u updated and thanks for responding.
thanks to all for ur responses.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
I don't see a manual release in your picture, nor in the pictures of ones on ebay. If you really want to find out you'll have to pull the 4 screws holding it in the cabinet and then disassemble the unit.

Another option is to hook something small inside the edge of the tray and pull out gently while you push the eject button.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
another picture, no name brand anywhere. just says COMPACT DISC PLAYER/DIGITAL CONTROL on the bottom. the front page of the manual says QX-3201 and thats it. no company name or address or tech support number.

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
here are a couple of pictures of the radio CD player.

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
joelyn, i took a look at all of our CD players and all but one had an ejector hole. take another look at the front of your player, not just on the door but at the entire front.

yes i looked again today and i see nothing at all. i will take a picture of it and post it. its looks like many of the other standard radio CD players that comes in the TT's that we looked at. will post later

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
What make and model is the player? Is there a disk in it currently?

i have the manual and all it says is a compact CD player radio and lists all the functions of the radio and the different buttons. but no name on the manual or phone number, nothing.
not sure if there is a disk in there

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
loggenrock wrote:
Do you have power to it? Is it powered on? maybe CD left in it needs ejecting?

Yes i have power, the radio plays fine. not sure if there is a CD in it. we just bought the TT a couple weeks ago so not sure whats in it.
thanks

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
joelyn, i took a look at all of our CD players and all but one had an ejector hole. take another look at the front of your player, not just on the door but at the entire front.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
What make and model is the player? Is there a disk in it currently?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have power to it? Is it powered on? maybe CD left in it needs ejecting?
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
joelyn wrote:
DID CHECK IT RICH BUT NOTHING THERE. THANKS

hmmm. you might check the owner's manual. sorry i can't be more help.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
DID CHECK IT RICH BUT NOTHING THERE. THANKS