cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DISBELIEVING ADVERTISEMENTS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I made a living doing forensic engineering studies with a particular consumer product.

When somebody or something (Manufacturer) "Has A Dog In The Fight" they are going to go out of their way to skew, bias, manipulate and in some cases outright lie about negatives if a negative would significantly negatively impact sales. Has this changed since the 1980's the end of the decade marked my Swan Song in my Studies in my field?

If you believe corporate ethics has undergone a born-again shift to honesty I have sad news for you.

And I always keep in mind on this forum that an individual's personal experience and reporting is sacred ground. Third rail subject of integrity - touch it and you die (credibility). To clarify to declare as bunk someone's personal experience as being (BUNK) is the same as plunging a dagger into your belly and yanking upward in my book.

-Just my thoughts
21 REPLIES 21

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Greed can indeed be a powerfull influence for some people. Others have simply learned how to be happy with what they have.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Almot, you hit the nail on the head, almost. I was trying to be polite and not involve responders. But it wasn't boredom. I read responses then categorize and index responses according to their content - linked to the respondent for future reference. Serves credibility.

What set me off was NOT personal pain, it was the realization that certain influences are degrading my standard of living due to greed. I am a hopeless consumer advocate. The two threads served their purpose IMHO.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Do some Companies lie or stretch the truth? Sure. Do some companies operate honestly and treat their employees well? You bet they do, I work for one of them. Doesn't mean I always agree with their decisions, but doesn't make them dishonest either. Considering the number of businesses operating in this country the percentage that try to operate honestly is pretty high. At this point in our history I would believe my employer over my government any day. Just saying
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mex doesn't need our opinions as a guidance to anything. Probably just bored or a bad knee is acting up. The topic belongs to "Campfire" section, but since the most brains are in the Tech Issues section, and brainless responses he doesn't find entertaining enough (and I agree with that), - he posted it here.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
This poster likes stirring the pot. See his post about about the conspiracy theory related to ethanol.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27580579.cfm
I guess there's not much to do while sitting on the beach in Mexico so you just have to make stuff up. :S
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Now what we need is a law requiring all public media to fully verify all advertisers' claims, before publishing / broadcasting them....

Jim, "Critical thinking, the other national deficit."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

MrWizard
No..

Forensics is done After the death of said object, to determine what killed it !

i thought you knew that

Francesca Knowles wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚

Keep it coming, por favor.

:B Glad yer enjoyin' yerself!

But as long as you're here:
Frankly, I'm WAY more interested in the first line of your post:

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
I made a living doing forensic engineering studies with a particular consumer product.

Is a "forensic engineer" one of those guys that designs "death dates" into a product so folks'll be forced to go out and buy another whatever? (As described in Vance Packard's groundbreaking 1960 book "The Wastemakers")
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Al Gore invented electric print being sent over wires and circuits and called it the Internet. What an Inconvenient Truth.... :rollseyes.

colochoclab
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
The good news is: you can't put anything on the internet unless it's true.
I heard that on a TV commercial so, I know it's true. ๐Ÿ™‚

No, no, no... This was said by Abraham Lincoln! :B
2008 Nissan Titan LE Crew 4x4
'06 Jayco JayFlight 29FBS
'11 Bayliner 180ob
'99 Seadoo GTS
Member titantalk, seadooforum, benzworld.org

My Chocolate Labs "Snickers", "Reese" and "Hershey"(Passed)

"I asked God for a true friend: He sent me a Labrador Retriever."

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
So is the following

No. of posts: 9,724 ( average posts per day: 2.94 ) View Posts | Notify Me of New Posts

Aren't facts wonderful?

And yeah, I did this post as a gripe/humor/but realistic jibe

It has everything to do with TECHNICAL SUBJECT

bigdogger
Explorer
Explorer
In other unbelievable revelations, the Sky is Blue!!

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚

:B Glad yer enjoyin' yerself!

But as long as you're here:
Frankly, I'm WAY more interested in the first line of your post:

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Is a "forensic engineer" one of those guys that designs "death dates" into a product so folks'll be forced to go out and buy another whatever? (As described in Vance Packard's groundbreaking 1960 book "The Wastemakers")
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Just satisfying his daily need for attention. Stay tuned for another enlightening post tomorrow.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚