cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic frig quit

jackwmssr
Explorer
Explorer
My son is at the lake without a computer so I will try to relay his troubles. His Frig is a Dometic Americana Mod.RM2652. He moved his fifth wheel two weeks ago and it was working fine. Yesterday when he went to the camp ground it was not working on AC. He tried to get it working on gas, no luck even though it lit. Any ideas? Are there any resets on that unit?
Jackwmssr
2000 Georgie Boy,Cruise Air
2002 Explorer toad
7 REPLIES 7

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Check for fuse on DC distribution panel - if that's OK then remove the outside access panel and check the fuse(s) located on the circuit board (under black plastic container on left side).
Kevin

Sloop_Smitten
Explorer
Explorer
On my frig there is a "travel switch" located on the far left side of the frig in the outside compartment. Turning it off assures the unit cannot be turned on accidentally when not in use. You might check and see if you have such a switch and that it is on (up). It is not visible but you can feel it if you run your hand up the left hand side of the frig.
1992 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye 24' M/H
Ford E350 Chassis, 7.5L Engine, E40D Transmission
My other motorhome is a 1978 Catalina 25 Sailboat
Cruising Califonia, Sailing the Pacific!

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
I think there is a 5amp fuse at the back of the fridge.... you get to it through the outside vent/door cover. At the back of the fridge (on the left) is a black plastic box. Inside that is where the 5 amp fuse is.

But FIRST... CHECK FOR an Ammonia smell and for YELLOW POWDER ON THE FLOOR AND AROUND THE WIRING... If the cooling unit leaked there's nothing you can do to get the fridge to work. You'll have to replace the cooling unit or the entire fridge.

Trying to switch from electric power to LP (again and again and again...can cause the LP to build up and then if the cooling unit is leaking...and the LP gets a spark... a flame can shoot over to the leak... and could cause a fire. (ask me how I know)
Kathy

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Without 12VDC the refer will not start period. He needs to get 12 VDC power to the control board before anything will happen.

jackwmssr
Explorer
Explorer
I just talked to my son and I have to make a few corrections on what I stated above. He did not get it lit on DC and he can not get any power to the frig AC nor DC. He plugged the frig into an extension cord that was known to be hot. He also had a new battery installed two weeks ago. He is down there without a tester.
Jackwmssr
2000 Georgie Boy,Cruise Air
2002 Explorer toad

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to Dometic and there is a trouble shoot in the manual for the fridge on this site

Dometic Fridge

Hope this helps

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dead battery?
Remember the refer needs 12VDC for the control board. Also was the gas turned off for a week? Then he probably needs to purge the gas lines before the refer will start on gas