Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally got the EMS

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
After much research
, and thought, and worry about the humming noise, I ordered the Progressive industries hardwired 30amp EMS. I found a place outside Of The RV in the electrical bay where it should fit. So even if it does hum, I wouldn't be able to hear it
Proud father of a US Marine
7 REPLIES 7

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I could put it under the bed closer to the electrical center, and after the auto transfer switch but, I'm not too worried about the generator causing problems.
Proud father of a US Marine

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
My wife snores louder than it hums...

And she obviously doesn't have access to this forum???:W
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
My wife snores louder than it hums...
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
suprz wrote:
After much research
, and thought, and worry about the humming noise, I ordered the Progressive industries hardwired 30amp EMS. I found a place outside Of The RV in the electrical bay where it should fit. So even if it does hum, I wouldn't be able to hear it

I have been using that same unit since 2008. It is in its second RV as I type this. It has saved us multiple times.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
12th Man Fan wrote:
You may want to verify this but I have saw a post on here where the lifetime warranty is voided if you install it yourself. Must be installed by professional.

Just FYI if you plan to install it you might want to verify this.

This is old and not true,it has been discussed here many times and I have called the company about it and here is the Warranty.

Limited Lifetime Warranty
Our Lifetime Warranty covers only
Progressive Industries workmanship, internal electronics and
parts & materials contained within the unit housing. Any and all damage to the outside of the unit is not covered.
External damage is typically associated with a poor connection between your RV or our EMS/SSP units and a power cord. The Lifetime Warranty
does not cover labor or shipping charges.

Our Lifetime Warranty is exclusive to Progressive Industries and is granted in lieu of all other express or implied
warranties, obligations or liabilities.
This is a non-transferable Lifetime Warranty.It applies only to the original owner and covers only those
products purchased from an authorized dealer, retailer, or seller.
This warranty covers manufacturer
defects in materials and workmanship.
A proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
The follow are excluded and not covered by the Lifetime
Warranty and/or void the Lifetime
Warranty.
Improper installation of a hard wired unit
We strongly recommend that a competent electrical
professional perform the installation of hard wired units.

Products installed or used in an application other than an RV

Products operated outside systems compatible and compliant with RV surge protectors.
Products used in a manner inconsistent with the operating instructions
Use of replacement parts or accessories that are non-compliant with Progressive Industries specifications

I installed mine as instructed in the Company Video and the tech I talked to said that it would be covered,I have had no problems except the failure of the remote unit,which they agreed that there were problems with the older units. They sent me a free replacement overnight.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to verify this but I have saw a post on here where the lifetime warranty is voided if you install it yourself. Must be installed by professional.

Just FYI if you plan to install it you might want to verify this.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice, I have the same unit but portable.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU