cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

generac generators

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just watched an ad(or 3rd party test) for the generac IQ2000, comparing to Honda. was as quiet, had a couple of additions, fuel gauge, length of time remaining, a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. capable of linking two together.
bumpy
16 REPLIES 16

SergioKurba
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Back when I knew something about Genreac Generators
1: They were quality, at least medium high
2: They were not made by Genrac but someone else
3: They were traditional

and 4: I would really like to recover it (It was stolen) for it was a good one.

Today I do not know where they are made.. That would be my only concern. But I would not recommend against them unless "Made in China" appears.

I have a Generac 6437 that I bought here a few months ago. I was given a 2-year warranty on my generator, and I'm satisfied. It is powerful, it is enough for the whole house, the generator is running without interruption. And nowhere is it written that it is "made in China"
***Link Removed***

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom_M wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
Honda inverter generators are well over 10 years old designs, so it is time the rest of the World start catching up technology.
I have Generac inverter 3600W generator build-in my 2004 camper.
Far cry from my EU3000 that is about the same year of production.
I have a Generac 3600 watt in my motorhome. It has performed well and is fairly quiet. However it is not an inverter type. I don't think anybody makes or made an inverter type genset for built-in RV use.

Mine is inverter and it is propane-powered. Kind of strange design as generator quite big for its output has additional big electric box with fans in next compartment.
I can hear it clearly with no load and most annoying is long starting.
Using my Honda EU3000 with small load and I can seat on it, when with usuall campground noise I will not hear the engine.

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
I have a in home back up generator and while it's been good to me, my neighbor has the same thing and it's a piece of junk. They where installed within a week of each other. Generac only wants to sell. they have a list of service men that I think don't know anything. The service man came next door too many times and is always changing parts but never gets it right. and you can't talk to Generac, you must call a service man and they don't want to talk to you, they want to come and check it themselves. More money. Thanks, but I'll stick with my hondas. Remember, you get what you pay for.

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
They have a smaller engine than a Honda, thus less rotating mass, thus less HP, thus less surge capacity. Read the thread mentioned above before you decide.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Honda inverter generators are well over 10 years old designs, so it is time the rest of the World start catching up technology.
I have Generac inverter 3600W generator build-in my 2004 camper.
Far cry from my EU3000 that is about the same year of production.
I have a Generac 3600 watt in my motorhome. It has performed well and is fairly quiet. However it is not an inverter type. I don't think anybody makes or made an inverter type genset for built-in RV use.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
geneeich wrote:
Has anyone tried the Ryobi generators.

not the generators but I have a mess of the 18 volt equipment, drills, flashlights, circular saws, vibrating tools, etc. and have had good luck with them. CReports did a test including Ryobi IIRC drilling holes and inserting screws and they compared favorably with units selling for much more. not quite as good in one of the tests, the same in the other.
bumpy

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Back when I knew something about Genreac Generators
1: They were quality, at least medium high
2: They were not made by Genrac but someone else
3: They were traditional

and 4: I would really like to recover it (It was stolen) for it was a good one.

Today I do not know where they are made.. That would be my only concern. But I would not recommend against them unless "Made in China" appears.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
geneeich wrote:

No clue about the generators but I have a weedeater and have used a few power tools. I would not go back there on a bet. Junk all of it

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

geneeich
Explorer
Explorer
2015 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed Diesel
2016 Rockwood 2906WS Travel Trailer

traindriver
Explorer
Explorer
Beware of generac. bought a generac home standby emergency generator. Long story short, it was miswired from factory, darn near burned my house down. Generac denied that it could happen, even when their own serviceman explained the situation to them. They refused any responsibility, would not even consider warranty obligation. Personally I would never touch another generac product.

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my long post about the IQ2000. I would NEVER recommend it to anyone with an RV setup. They are undersized motorwise and will not put nearly the watts out you want. I had a total of 5 of them to try and get them to work snd ended up with 2 Honda 2000's

IQ2000 report

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Less expensive?
The build-in inverter Generac in my camper is discontinued, but I found older forum topics, that depends on dealer you could have it installed for $4,000 - 4,500.
At the time new EU3000 was just slightly above $1000.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Generac is not a bad genny. They tend to be less expensive and somewhat louder. In this case you get what you pay for.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just dont go looking for anything Generac. Have an old Generac pressure washer. Last year tried to find some basic parts. Either NA or really expensive. Been told by several people Generac is junk.