cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generac quietpact 40G has no output- need help

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
my 04 Born Free class c has a generac guardian quietpact 40G. It runs just fine but has no output. I tested the transfer switch and it isn't the problem, verified no output from genny. Everything 110 volt runs fine on shore power. Already checked fuses and breakers on the generator and converter, all good. Anyone know the location and how to access voltage regulator on this model or what steps to take next? First issue with this unit I've had, it has over 1300 hours on it.
3 REPLIES 3

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
yes a genset can loose 'residual' magnetism of the core
but this is a slow process, sometimes taking years
it is NOT the likely cause of his problems

he will need to wire an outlet to the generator connection box
or the input side of the TS

without power the TS is open, the RV outlets are NOT connected to the generator when the TS is open

so there is no outlet he can use until he makes one

I agree, the rotor should have enough residual magnetism to excite, I would be checking the resistance across the output, it also shows a fuse on the gen output to check as well, if thats ok more likely the regulator has issues...

MrWizard
yes a genset can loose 'residual' magnetism of the core
but this is a slow process, sometimes taking years
it is NOT the likely cause of his problems

he will need to wire an outlet to the generator connection box
or the input side of the TS

without power the TS is open, the RV outlets are NOT connected to the generator when the TS is open

so there is no outlet he can use until he makes one
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
They have a troubleshooting CHART starting at page 25.

Without looking at the manual more I would try to excite it with a drill motor. Connect a regular electric drill motor into the power side with the generator running and hold the trigger and twist the drill motor by hand. Depending on the design some generators lose their residual magnetism and the drill motor will excite it enough to start output.

If that doesn't work I'd then do a visual inspection for loose or burned connectors and burned areas on circuit boards. Sometimes removing connectors and reinstalling will make a fresh contact and fix the problem.

Then I'd go to the chart and start pinning it out.