cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator issues

mgelmi
Explorer
Explorer
The generator doesn't seem to have any juice to start at all on our class C. We were driving and we hit the gen switch and it started up easily. Then shut it off while gassing up. When we drove again it turned over but then stopped running and now it has nothing. This happened when traveling a couple days ago as well. We also put in a brand new house battery in early June... Any ideas anyone? Thanks for your help!
6 REPLIES 6

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Once again this must be asked....

Do you have a handheld meter?

Are you familiar with how to use the voltage setting?

MrWizard
Bad connection someplace
Possiblity the ground cable for the generator
Also it might used the engine battery for starting the generator
Driving the alternator would be putting out juice, helping the battery start the generator
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mgelmi
Explorer
Explorer
Checked oil and the level is good. Tried to start with outside start switch on the generator and nothing at all. I did hear a little electrical charge but nothing that turns the motor almost like a dead battery. But connections are solid... it was like this before and then when going down the road we tried it and it started up?? Now nothing..

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Double post
Kevin

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
What model generator? Have you tried to start the generator using the on switch on the generator vs the remote start inside the rig? (should rule out problem with remote start switch). Have you checked the oil level? (most generators won't run with low oil). Does the generator try to start or are you getting zip - as though there is no electrical connection at all?
Kevin

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Low oil?

Clogged fuel filter or pickup?

Loose connection?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed