cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Internet connection

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new Dell 5000 series inspiron 13.
It will not connect to Internet in rv parks. Works great on home server,and Version hot spot.
Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
My memory is a bit fuzzy on the details as it's been some time since I worked a similar issue for a friend. But as I recall, Microsoft disabled WPA in favor of WPA2 for WiFi connections. Many RV parks are probably still using WPA though. There's a pretty simple thing that one needs to do to re-enable WPA on newer Windows systems. A Google search should turn up the answer if this is the problem.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can you see the park's WIFI hotspot? That's the first priority. Sometimes the WIFI network is open but some parks put a password lock on theirs. Talk to them when you check in. And you can always bring your notebook to the park office and get them to walk you thru the steps to logon. I had to do that once at a park near Great Sand Dunes, this park had a particularly arcane logon with a 20 character numeric password.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
you normally have to bring up the park's web page on your browser and agree to their TOS agreement before the connection is active. try that.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle