cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Inverter and Shore Power ??

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
If the RV is plugged into shore power does it make any difference if the inverter stays on or not? Will it harm anything if the inverter switch is left on ?? thanks
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰
17 REPLIES 17

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, leave the inverter on 24/7/365 unless you are storing it or dry camping and shut all things down at night.
I am a full timer and the inverter has been turned on since 1999!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Our inverter has been on 24/7 for the past 6 years EXCEPT sometimes when we drycamp and want to conserve batteries overnight. You do need to be aware that it is on. Once we were in a campground that lost power but we didn't realize it at first because the inverter kept us powered up. We risked running our batteries down too low if the campground power stayed off too long. Now we set our Auto Gen start to come on when the batteries reach a pre-programmed state of low charge.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Shore power doesn't - usually - do a good job of charging your battery because converter is never wired properly. Idling inverter will draw some current from the battery that is not getting a good charge already.