cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keyless door locks

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace my piece of junk entry door lock. Would like to get a keyless lock to replace it. Would like to get some info on these locks,including which ones to avoid. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Dave
2012 F350 Diesel Dually
2008 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 35ft
8 REPLIES 8

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I have a first generation RVLock Keyless set up. I have had it for 4 years now. I won it at a Rally It has worked well although I did have
to replace the keypad at the beginning of the season.
Not having to use a key is very convenient.
Keys are going obsolete. Newer cars don't even use an ignition key.
Keypads are also becoming very common in stick homes
Sure you can keep one around for an emergency but the keypad has been very reliable.
RV Lock

19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how keyless locks are any more secure when you can still open them with a key. Probably won't spend the extra money for a keyless one.
2012 F350 Diesel Dually

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
My rig has a keyless lock. I use a key.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
An old manual outdated key works for me.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
I experienced almost the same thing. I have a FIC entry door lock that was recalled, after 9 months I received replacement cylinders,and installed them. Worked for 6 months, then got to a campground and was unable to fully insert key and could not open the door. Had to call a locksmith to get the door open. Looking for a better quality lock !
2012 F350 Diesel Dually

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Bauer keyless entry on our 2015 Redwood. It works ok but I never leave the trailer with our a key in my pocket. To many stories about being locked out and the keypad going dead. Nothing like standing outside in the rain waiting for locksmith and then paying $200 to get back in.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Between the price and dependability, I'll carry a key.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a thread on the subject from yesterday.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us