cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED Bulbs

cantfindusernam
Explorer
Explorer
Are there LED bulbs that can take the place of the bulbs is normal lights found in TT's? Are they very expensive? Do they give better lighting?
11 REPLIES 11

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
tenbear wrote:
I have replaced all the incandescent light bulbs in my MH with LEDs that I bought on eBay.
These are the ones I bought to replace my 1141 incandescent bulbs.

Those are the identical ones I bought on ebay 2 years ago. No issues except I wished they had been a bit warmer. I bought 6 or so and in one of them, a row kept flickering and had to toss it. You might get the odd failure, but for the price, you can't beat these.

Or as in NinerBikes' ebay ones, buy a lot of 10 for only $1.58 each. They're crazy cheap now.

They come with double-sided tape. Just plug the LED array in and stick it on. Too easy....

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-48-SMD-Warm-White-Light-Panel-T10-BA9S-Festoon-Dome-LED-Interior-Bulb-Lamp-/331163129604?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1adc5704&vxp=mtr

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I have replaced all the incandescent light bulbs in my MH with LEDs that I bought on eBay. The main reason for replacing with LEDs is to reduce the current drain. LED lights will draw about 15% of the current for the same light intensity. They are also a lot cooler. If you want more light you can put larger (more LEDs) in the same fixture without risking melt down.

LEDs will probably cost you between $2 and $5 each depending on many factors.

When you buy, get 1 or 2 and try them. If you like them buy more. There is a big difference between sellers and you can't always believe the ads.

These are the ones I bought to replace my 1141 incandescent bulbs.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

nvreloader
Explorer
Explorer
I would also suggest that you buy one of 3500K warm yellow range and 6000K range lights to see color you like better.

We changed out over 30+ bulb light to Led panels in the 6000K range, white light range and 2 panels per each side in the dual bulb lights.

Sure makes a difference in the amount of light output etc.

Tia,
Don
2010 F-350,6.4PSD, 6spd man trans,CC,SWB,SRW, Caravan camper shell,50 gal bed tank,17,000lb Husky WD hitch,Northwoods 2008 28KS Desert Fox Toy Hauler,2005 Honda 500 Rubicon ATV w/rumble seat,1 Aussie waiting,watching and ridin shotgun on the whole outfit.

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
jtwcummins wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDFM83A/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got these to replace all 921 bulbs and work great. Used 18 bulbs and at 25.00 per 10 a good deal
CLICKY

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
cantfindusername wrote:
Are there LED bulbs that can take the place of the bulbs is normal lights found in TT's? Are they very expensive? Do they give better lighting?

YES, and It depends.

I have found a brand of LED lamps I like very much, It is the ECO-LED Cool WHite series of replacements. I have used these to replace the little 10 watt hallogen (much brighter) and 1141/1156 lamps (IN all cases I am using a Disc design, with a socket adapter such as someone described already on the 1141/1156 lamps) and the brightness is.. In the same range as those two.. i have three or four of those, plus some others.

My first venture into LED's. I'll never go to that company again.
Very poor light, (Though the price was decent) and the lamps failed quickly as well) But the ECO-LED's are doing nicely
The problem.. I get ECO-LEDS from dealers, at they run about 18-19 bucks a pop. that is expensive... I'm looking for onlline sources in the 10 buck range.

Fun fact: Got one panel (Flat panel, square) from dealer for ..> FIFTY CENTS on teh close out table.. That one is not the dome light in my car,,, VERY nice.

My advice: When you find a supplier who's prices you like buy ONE. if you like it buy more.. If not.. Find a new supplier.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jtwcummins
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDFM83A/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got these to replace all 921 bulbs and work great. Used 18 bulbs and at 25.00 per 10 a good deal
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/Hemi
2014 Fun Finer 233

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
I found this picture very helpful in determining what type of base some of my interior lights needed.

The others - wedge type - I got on Ebay - I think it was twenty bucks for twelve, or twelve bucks for twenty - either way, it was a good deal for the wedge type - very bright.

2015 Fun Finder 189FDS
2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4

RvBill3
Explorer
Explorer
Check out superbrightleds.com for everything led. They have online chat or telephone help so that you can determine the best led replacement for each bulb. Super helpful people. They ship from their warehouse in suburban St. Louis, MO, so shipping is quick. I have replaced all interior lights and am now replacing clearance lights on the outside.
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found that using at least a 200 LUMEN rated LED boards on each side of the dual lamp fixture gave off the best light for us. We also went with the WARM WHITE model LEDs.. It truly is a hugh power savings thing to do if you like camping off the power grid like we do. They claim a 80% saving in energy compared to Incandescent automotive bulbs. Also a whole bunch of LESS HEAT involved. My plastic items around the light fixtures were all turning yellow and dark brown from excessive heat being generated by the Incandescent bulbs.

Please read the LED Replacement link provided by gbopp. He captured my LED post there also which has some info about the RFI issues I ran into converting over to LEDs. Regulated type LED BOARDS seems to produce small amounts of RFI signals that may interfere with a few of your things like the HDTV-NOAH WX Alert radios, etc..

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer