cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mopeka Tank Check

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
a couple years ago I purchased the Mopeka tank check system. I had the one with the inside monitor. It has worked fine until I replaced the batteries. Now tank 1 shows full and tank 2 shows empty and both tanks have been recently filled. When the Gateway became available I ordered one. Now the phone app shows both tanks empty.....I have done a couple of things that the trouble shooting hints said to do to no avail.....My friend bought his the same time I did mine and got so frustrated with his that he threw his in the trash. I do not want to go to that extreme.
I have emailed the company a couple of times but their suggestions do not help either....
20 REPLIES 20

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't had a problem with mine. Any time I refill a tank, I use this procedure.

- clean bottom of tank with paper towel
- clean sensor
- apply pea sized amount of dielectric grease to sensor
- stick on tank

It will take a little while to read the new tank as full. I usually verify it later that day or the next day.

I only use the phone app to check mine. Really nice to be able to get tank levels without touching the tanks.
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
a couple years ago I purchased the Mopeka tank check system. I had the one with the inside monitor. It has worked fine until I replaced the batteries. Now tank 1 shows full and tank 2 shows empty and both tanks have been recently filled. When the Gateway became available I ordered one. Now the phone app shows both tanks empty.....I have done a couple of things that the trouble shooting hints said to do to no avail.....My friend bought his the same time I did mine and got so frustrated with his that he threw his in the trash. I do not want to go to that extreme.
I have emailed the company a couple of times but their suggestions do not help either....

Call the manufacture they may replace it they did mine when I had the same issue.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
I removed my sensors, took the system off, and an done trying to figure mine out..

They worked the first year, sketchy the 2nd year, and mostly not at all the 3rd..
Ditto, I just never felt the readings were very reliable, even when they did work.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

I removed my sensors, took the system off, and an done trying to figure mine out..

They worked the first year, sketchy the 2nd year, and mostly not at all the 3rd..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:
Mine do that occasionally also. Itโ€™s all about their position on the tank bottom, also the rubber can get bunched up or dislodged at the sensor. One of my sensors wires broke off at the solder joint, I repaired it.
Just try to reposition it on the flat part of the tank bottom, make sure itโ€™s clean and no rust or anything.

Funny thing I removed the sensor, sanded the bottom of the tank and put dielectric grease and put it back on the bottom of the tank......instantly the monitor recognized it but the phone app did not......

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Mine do that occasionally also. Itโ€™s all about their position on the tank bottom, also the rubber can get bunched up or dislodged at the sensor. One of my sensors wires broke off at the solder joint, I repaired it.
Just try to reposition it on the flat part of the tank bottom, make sure itโ€™s clean and no rust or anything.