cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a Good used 1200 Norcold Unit

faucet1
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a market for or maybe a 1200 Norcold for sale that still works. Have a friend who continues to have problems with his. He has replaced the cooling coils but now sees the yellow showing up again only after about 5 years.
2002 Monaco Diplomat 40 PST Triple Slide
Toad-88 Ford Mustang GT-Stick
David and Jean
11 REPLIES 11

faucet1
Explorer
Explorer
well I just talked with my camping friends again and due to an up coming trip they are planning, he negotiated a deal with the previous Amish coil provider to get another one. They have already ordered it so I suppose they have solved or will have solved their fridge problem/concern. Thanks for all or your input.
David and Jean

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
jplante4 wrote:
j-d wrote:
Our RV is our Hurricane Evacuation Escape Pod/HEEP. I want a fridge that can run off grid under poor weather conditions. RV Fridge meets that requirement. Beyond that, Hate the Thing!

It would still be a problem if you couldn't get propane. To be truly "off-grid", you need a few hundred watts of solar, a couple of good batteries and an inverter. The new residential refrigerators are very efficient.

Yep.

Not to mention that all but the smallest RV fridges require 12V to operate the control board/ gas valve.. Will eat your battery capacity in a matter of a week or so without anything else being used..

So, even with a RV fridge you will not be totally off the grid since you still have to recharge a battery..

A couple of 100W solar panels can easily now days cover the draw of a residential fridge in most sunny locations.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
j-d wrote:
Our RV is our Hurricane Evacuation Escape Pod/HEEP. I want a fridge that can run off grid under poor weather conditions. RV Fridge meets that requirement. Beyond that, Hate the Thing!

It would still be a problem if you couldn't get propane. To be truly "off-grid", you need a few hundred watts of solar, a couple of good batteries and an inverter. The new residential refrigerators are very efficient.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
yes there out there I changed my norcold 1200 for a residential put it on craigs list took about 3 months to sell got 600 dollars for it in good working condishion

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

faucet1
Explorer
Explorer
These folks are in middle Georgia. I told him to go Residential like I did, but for some reason they want to stick with the Norcold type. They are not repair capable and don't want to "step out of the box."
David and Jean

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We've been fulltiming going on 13 years. Still have the Norcold 1210. Runs fine. Did replace the cooling unit, but not with an original. We went to National Refrigeration and had Leon Hershberger change it out for his own design. He is Amish, but hia is not the one they actually call the "Amish cooling unit." His is a bit different and that makes a BIG difference. He can tell you why.

We've been really happy with it and not interested in a residential.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Need a Good used 1200 Norcold Unit

No such thing! ๐Ÿ˜›

Install a residential unit!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Where is your friend located?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
No. Move to a residential fridge and add some solar panels with an inverter.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
try Colaws and or Visione
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind