cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need New Breaker Panel

faucet1
Explorer
Explorer
Could someone direct me to a site that sells RV serviceable electric panels? I have looked at various RV sites for parts, but most only show 12 volt panels, converters, etc. I need to hook up a two circuit panel from my new inverter. Regular panels don't like the beating/ shaking going down the road. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
2002 Monaco Diplomat 40 PST Triple Slide
Toad-88 Ford Mustang GT-Stick
David and Jean
9 REPLIES 9

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
My 50 amp box is Cutler Hammer since '04' 50,000 miles including Alaska Highway and that's only since we got it in '10'. Campground boxes should hold up that good,
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

faucet1
Explorer
Explorer
Roy, glad you mentioned the Blue Sea units. I was looking at them earlier on Amazon. I will go back and review them again to see if they have a simple two breaker one. There is one 30 amp output from the New Inverter when shore power is connected, but the inverter for some reason is set up to feed to outputs when inverting. Strange set up. Thanks for all of your thoughts. David.
David and Jean

faucet1
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a main breaker for shore power(square "D") but the vibration caused the breaker legs to arc after a while and had to replace it during 100 degree heat. It appears the household ones may not have quite as many screws or rivets holding it together as the Intellitec panel that came with the MH from the factory. The new SW Inverter doesn't have built in breakers like the older 458 units. So, I may have to go with a household type to reduce my cost and get it done quickly.
David and Jean

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
BLUE SEA carries a large selection of MARINE QUALITY 120VAC Breaker panels if you think you need something like that...

Once you pick out the model number of the one you need then order it through AMAZON...

I use several 12VDC BLUE SEA products in my setup... Very high MARINE quality items...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yup when they added my inverter they used a standard box like you would use at home (Sub Panel type) NOTE: There are two different types of breaker boxes. Main and Sub. make sure you get a SUB for what you are doing .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 on Best Converter.

I don't think there's any difference internally between "RV" breaker panels and household ones in terms of keeping connections tight. As far as I can tell they use the same breakers, the same bus bars, etc.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
http://www.bestconverter.com/

Do not just click and buy. There are more options available for possibly a built-in sub-panel for the inverter etc. Call and talk to Randy to fully understand what is available.

But then if you are just powering 2 branch circuits you could just use a separate transfer switch for each ($50 x2).

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have TWO standard AC breaker panels in use in my 5th wheel

One is for my inverter and the 5 individual branch circuits
One is being used as a 'manual transfer switch' for the Dual 50A shore power connections

Neither has given me any issues in the 10+ yrs they have been in use....7 yrs of which was FT traveling

What 'issues' do you think would be----different-----then the RV Main AC panels
Same metal box, same AC buss, same AC circuit breakers etc etc
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
Home Depot sells 2 breaker panels they use the same breakers that are in the panel now.