cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No gas coming out of oven or stove

allredc
Explorer
Explorer
we have a real head scratcher we need some help with.

we have a Wedgewood vision 3 burner stove in our 2016 Gateway 5th wheel. Everything was working great.

Then a few days ago we went to turn it on to cook dinner. Nothing
none of the burners will light or the oven.

Both propane bottles are full and I put in a new regulator for $60.
I tried switching bottles same result.

no gas coming out,cant even light the pilot light on the oven with a lighter.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!!
15 REPLIES 15

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
allredc wrote:
We live in the RV the slides were not moved in or out at the time it stopped working. It was working fine and then just stopped. I followed all the lines they all look good. I disconnected the line in several locations between the bottles and the stove, the flow at all locations was the same.

Not knowing what that should be, you could feel it coming out but it was like really slow like there is no pressure in the line. Not sure how much the regulator adjusts it down.

Any possibility there is an oil trap in the copper line to the stove?

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
The regulator you got could be defective from the factory? Maybe return and try another one. And, which regulator did you replace? Don't know for sure, but seems I have read there is a regulator on the stove as well as the main regulator on the propane tank. Does the frig and water heater run ok on propane?

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
allredc wrote:
Not knowing what that should be, you could feel it coming out but it was like really slow like there is no pressure in the line. Not sure how much the regulator adjusts it down.
A standard low pressure propane system uses a pressure of 11" WC (water column). That's less than 1/2 psi.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
allredc wrote:
We live in the RV the slides were not moved in or out at the time it stopped working. It was working fine and then just stopped. I followed all the lines they all look good. I disconnected the line in several locations between the bottles and the stove, the flow at all locations was the same.

I don't know the answer to your question but would suggest you edit your original post to add the additional information you just provided so if anyone new reads your original post they don't make the same suggestions already given.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

allredc
Explorer
Explorer

What Dave and Sue, and SD said.

I had that issue once myself. Turns out that I cranked the valve open too fast and the internal safety mechanism shut the flow off, detecting a rapid flow gas leak.
My solution was to disconnect the bottle, hook it back up and open the valve slowly.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Hey! sounds like an OPD too rapid valve opening , stopping flow.
Go to the tanks ( bottles) disconnect. reconnect. Open the valve(s) slowly! check flow.

sammytoo
Explorer
Explorer
Are any other gas appliances working?

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
Unhook the bottles at the tank.You'll probably hear a ph as the gas releases pressure.Rehook the lines and open valve just a little .A half turn or so.Make sure regulator is turn to the tank your using.Now try and light the stove.These new valves on the tank have a safety built in and will shut down the flow is they sense a little to high of flow.Happens quite often to me.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Somewhere in the coach, there is a propane detector. It is located near the floor usually near the refer if it is a propane/electric unit. Check it to see if it is turned on. Someone could have kicked the switch to off

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Is the Oven in a slide out? If so, then I will bet the LP line is kinked under the slide out. Other LP items run? Doug

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
could be a collapsed hose right at the tank.

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
Try and unhook from the tanks and leave the burners on for 5 min. Then turn the burners off hook up the tank and try it again.
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe check for a kinked hose, that turned out to be the cause of a similar problem we had.