cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside grey tank readout works inside doesn't

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, it is another tank sensor question. This one is a bit different. The grey tank readout in the wet bay works correctly. The readout inside the MH always reads full. Haven't pulled the inside panel yet to see if it is something simple like a loose wire. That will happen tomorrow. Suggestions of where to start checking would be appreciated. This question applies to the MH in my signature. Assume that it would apple to many HR/Monaco models around 2007.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
4 REPLIES 4

NorCal_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what I'm thinking...the sensors are working since the wetbay panel gives correct readings. That leaves the wiring and the panel itself. To rule out the panel I would try swapping them. If the problem remains with the inside panel then it's a wiring issue. If the problem moves to the wetbay then it's the panel.

I have the same setup but have not had any problems that would require me to "learn" how this system works. And truth be told, if I had this problem I doubt I would spend time trying to fix it.
'13 Ram 2500Hemi pulling '12 Coachman Chaparral -- USAF Retired --

tandkj
Explorer
Explorer
Let me know what you find. My inside works correctly but all of the outside reads full.
Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
NorCal Dan wrote:
Did it ever work correctly?
Yep, for almost six years.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

NorCal_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Did it ever work correctly?
'13 Ram 2500Hemi pulling '12 Coachman Chaparral -- USAF Retired --