cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Over front cab bunk bed weight rating

tpool71
Explorer
Explorer
Have been looking to buy a Class A and while the dealers seem to know the weight rating on all units they carry, I cannot find any place that publishes said weight ratings.

Dealers tell me that Jayco rates their bed at 750lbs while Thor, Forest River, and others rate theirs in the 300lb to 350lb range. Seems odd to me that these are so far apart and why they would be so low for such a large sleeping space (Some are up to 90 inches wide)

Any ideas out there? I suppose this has been covered before but my searches led me to no topics from the past.
6 REPLIES 6

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
On my Thor there is a sticker on the drop down bed face. "one person 250lb rating" There should be some sort of sticker on the beds if for nothing else to cover the mfg.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck getting anyone who weighs 350 pounds up there anyway. I weigh 280 and it's a chore for me to get up there to fish stuff out that the kids leave up there.

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

Juzaxadar
Explorer
Explorer
I'm ~225 and I see the flex on my cabover when I'm working up there.. Plus the up and down would be horrible for these old bones. I make my kids sleep up there.
2000 Minnie 31C V10

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I'd stay under 350lbs no matter what. Anyone who was climbing up there would need a special ladder. Idid ladder certifications for LADOT and followed OSHA specs, I have never seen a 350lb rated ladder in an RV.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I would be less concerned about the weight rating than the comfort of the bed. My experience would say that they are good for kids but I would never consider using that bed on a frequent basis. Just my 02.
Kevin

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)