cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power washer Land HP 9145

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
I am in Mexico and just bought a Land power washer from Home Depot in guadalajara and am back on the coast (5 hrs) I have experience with these things and set up with water etc and It will not work and even with tap pressure and opening the trigger no water comes out. any of the others I owned water came out. the instructions are poor and in english. There is a thin needle type long pin taped to the instructions but I cannot find a hole and I think it might be to release an air lock as the tap pressure here is only from gravity from a cistern on roof! And this is common to all Mexico. Can anyone give me some ideas as I have a worker waiting to power clean my roof!
An ex Class A with towed. Now Bungalow in Melaque.
4 REPLIES 4

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Bounder Lew wrote:
1600 psi and I only paid 1300 pesos at 16 pesos to the US buck is only 81$ US and no tax. I love Mexico.
1600? I'd be real surprised if it did half that. Real pressure washers cost a lot more.

1600 PSI?

Don't knock it 2oldman.. Sometimes a lower pressure is desirable or fine for the job at hand..

I bought a cheapo Harbor Freight 1600 PSI pressure washer to clean the dirt and rocks from tree roots on a stump I wanted to remove. Was PLENTY of pressure for that job, in fact almost too much as I got a mud bath each time the water hit something the wrong way.. pressure washing the roots helps to reduce the wear on chainsaw chains when cutting out a stump..

Two weeks of fighting a stump that was 6ft around when I started, when done I was down to 3ft in diameter and that was the max my small backhoe could lift..

Paid $69 plus tax at HF and well worth it since I only damaged one chain at $15 instead of 5 or 6 chains and I still have a pressure washer to use on my front deck and even house siding.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bounder Lew wrote:
1600 psi and I only paid 1300 pesos at 16 pesos to the US buck is only 81$ US and no tax. I love Mexico.
1600? I'd be real surprised if it did half that. Real pressure washers cost a lot more.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
OK thanks all. I got it working with more pressure in teh input. It turns out I was using a street pressure tap, which is very low pressure and that is why all houses have Tanocos or Cisterns on top of their houses that get filled and give at least a bit more pressure. Some Gringos are not impressed with the pressure for showers. In my RV days I had a spare pump that I would install in line to the rig to ease noise of internal pump , and I had a problem in that when using the unit DC pump, water was used from the fresh water tank to supplement the water flow.
And thanks for needle answer, makes sense but I do not know why instructions did not say anythin. I actually got this washer from Home Depot and it looks like it is manufactured in Mexico 1600 psi and I only paid 1300 pesos at 16 pesos to the US buck is only 81$ US and no tax. I love Mexico.
An ex Class A with towed. Now Bungalow in Melaque.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Cant help with anything but the needle pin. That is only to clear out the nozzle end when clogged. Hopefully you have a hole there.. Good luck
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350