cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power Window not working

JL7456
Explorer
Explorer
This past weekend my power window in the drivers door of the motorhome stopped functioning. Fortunately it was in the "up" position. It is a 2005 Winnebago Voyage with a Workhorse engine. (W22) A few days earlier a quick rainstorm came in the open window and the controls for the window got wet. The window did close and seemed to be normal. Now it will not work after several days of dry conditions. I was hoping it was just a fuse. After looking at the owners manual for a Workhorse engine I could not find a fuse labeled for the power window. Has anyone had any experience with this issue? There are three sets of fuse locations within RV. One in the coach section another under the dashboard and the third located under the hood in the engine compartment. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't look it up but I am sure that if you go to Winnebagoind.com you can find the parts manual and the electrical manual. I know that the manuals will give you the part number and the location of the circuit breaker/fuse for the motor. I don't know about W22 trucks but most of the trucks in that GVWR range didn't come with power windows. I know in my Winnie (F53) there isn't any fuse in the factory fuse blocks.

The Winnie manuals cover both chassis. They can be downloaded as a PDF. I carry a set on disc in the desk on passenger's side.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

dks
Explorer
Explorer
My power window stopped working and I looked on YouTube and found one video where you just clean the contacts on the switch with rubbing alocohol. Voila, it worked!

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
JL7456 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the good information and advice. There is only one power window in the coach. I should also have mentioned that the power window motor failed in the very first week after I purchased the motor home twelve years ago.

There are many videos on YouTube. Could the poster identify which one he was referring to in his answer to repair the regulator?
Thanks again.

This is for my truck, but I used Google for "replace window regulator 2003 Silverado" So you should type in your vehicle instead and see what shows up. The regulator is two tracks with the crossed wires and the motor on one track. It is all one part that you buy. (Note how they hold the window up in place!)

It is a PITA long job so start early on a day it is not raining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb2WYXiV3dk
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

JL7456
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for the good information and advice. There is only one power window in the coach. I should also have mentioned that the power window motor failed in the very first week after I purchased the motor home twelve years ago.

There are many videos on YouTube. Could the poster identify which one he was referring to in his answer to repair the regulator?
Thanks again.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Lots of bad solder connections (cold/cracked) in that kind of stuff. They last for a while before failing.

Try rapping on the control fairly hard with your hand or even the blunt end of a screwdriver. (seriously!)
If it starts working, you have solder issues. I good solderer can identify the cracked joints and reflow them.

FWIW, most (all I have seen) PW swtiches are totally protected from the rain. The part you touch forms a roof over the actual opening which has a curb around it. You have to take it all apart to see the construction. You can litterally pour a bucket of water over most of them and none will get inside to the actual circuitry.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know if it is the same with Class As, but our 2003 Chev truck is on its fourth passenger side window regulator. (Makes the window go up and down)

For no apparent reason, every so often it just stops working. There is a circuit breaker for it, but it seems the wires just jam up and that's that.

You have to take the inside of the door off and replace the regulator (you have to get that at an auto parts store) There are youtube videos to show you how.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

dangerbird
Explorer
Explorer
Do the other windows work? If not, check that the window inhibit switch is not on.

Carl