cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear stabilizers

jimwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2007 Jayco Designer and the rear stabilizers will not go down. When I push the extend switch it humms and then clicks off. Thought maybe the motor was shot so tried to remove it. The problem is it doesn't want to come off the extension shaft. Took the bolts off but it won't come off. Any ideas what to do. Headed south in 2 weeks. I thought the motor would or should come off the shaft gear.
5 REPLIES 5

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
Are these Lippert Electric Stab Jacks?

Can you move them manually with the jack handle?

My Lippert motors once got water in them and completely froze up. I couldn't move them manually or with the motor. Normally though, I can manually tighten them up as long as the motor is not forzen.

Maybe if you haven't used them in a while, they have "frozen up" for some other reason. Rust?

Maybe that's why you can't get the motor off?
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

You posted your topic originally in Forum Technical Support, which is reserved for forum software related help. It was moved here to Tech Issues.

jimwooster
Explorer
Explorer
So where did you move it to.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
From what you described, sounds like the motor is trying to work. The main shaft may be in a bind and will not turn.
Is the stabilizer bent, thus causing a bind?
Do you have a manual handle that will "hook up" on the opposite end from the motor? If not, can you turn the shaft somehow. Add lubrication.
Just some ideas....
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315