Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reduced water flow from pump

standup
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Sunseeker 2500TS 29' Class C.

Just de-winterized from anti-freeze. Fresh water in tank. When I close a tap, the pump soon shuts off normally. When I turn a faucet on, the pressure output is good, but only for about 30 seconds, then slows to a trickle, not enough to shower.

I'm suspecting some blockage in the line from tank to pump. This wasn't a problem at the end of last season.

Looking for ideas, and how best to clean out a water line from tank to pump, if that's the issue.
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On some (if not all) there is also a strainer in teh tank attached to the outlet. Mine had two of 'em ONe was hooked up in front of the actual output line to the pump.. the other was a 2nd port that was plugged (it is now a drain port).

Just so you know. I do not know how common the outlet strainer is. But if it gets "Slimed" up you will get what you got.

2nd: The water heater also acts a bit like an accumulator (pressure tank) and if the pump is simply not up to demands.. Same effect.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Blow air backwards from the faucets towards the tank and see if anything comes out.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could blow air through the tank supply line to the pump to see if that clears it
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

standup
Explorer
Explorer
It does have a filter, like itinerant1 showed above, and it was clear. Hereโ€™s what I suspect.

I cut a 1.5 inch hole in the top of the water tank last year b4 storage. Why? The ribbed water fill line (not city water) had a big valley between sidewall and tank, preventing any water passage not pressurized like from a hose. I could get tubing on a hose-end past the dip and force water in if available, but there would have been no way to reasonably fill the tank on the rare occasions of just pouring it in, like prolonged dry camping maybe. And the inlet to the tank was down on the side of the tank with limited space, so pouring would have been a challenge.

So, the hole on top. The tankโ€™s under a fold-up bed, so easy access to its top. I put a food grade stopper tightly in the hole. Anyhow, I suspect some plastic shavings fell down and made their way into the water line enough to restrict the flow. The round piece from the drilling I got out. So I may be looking at purging things somehow.

Hope that all makes sense.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
If your pump doesn't have a filter, it may have sucked in some debris that's preventing if from working up to it's capability.

It fix it, you could take the pump apart and clean or replace the diaphragm

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you tested if it is only with the pump or does it have the same problem on shore water? If both then clean faucet strainers. If only pump then remove and clean pump filter.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a small screw off filter/ screen before the pump? Possibly filled with debris.

12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.