cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refer drain

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a good way to clear the water drain on a Norcold refer ? Thanks for your help, Dave
2012 F350 Diesel Dually
2008 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 35ft
4 REPLIES 4

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I ended up using a metal coat hanger and heating it a little bit with a lighter and used it to melt the ice in the inside opening, then went outside and blew back through it, it worked. Thanks for your help, Dave
2012 F350 Diesel Dually
2008 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 35ft

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have the screen tube at the end of mine. It's flat and the opening is separated into 2 thin openings that clog all the time.

I found the end of a metal shishkaboob skewer fits right up there and clears it right out. Go figure.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Not real high tech, but I just took the perforated cap off the end, put my lips on the tube and blew as hard as I could...kind of a back flush thing. It worked.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
My drain tube (Dometic) extends several inches from the chassis in front of the rear wheel. (below the refrig) It terminates in a small perforated plug. The plug twists out and reinserts easily. That is where I figure any stoppage would occur. If further up I would start by applying suction to the tube and if that didn't work perhaps some low pressure. Good Luck
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.