cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rv comfort thermostat

TonyMin
Explorer
Explorer
The wiring colors don't match and I am having a hard time figuring this out. I was searching all night.
For instance, the rv has to yellow wire. I have two reds, a fatter one and a skinny one. This is supposed to be wire to wire but it would have been nice if the wires matched in color.
RV has fatter red and light blue, then in thinner wires, blue red green and white.
Thermostat has yellow red white blue and gray
'98 Shasta Cheyenne 280 highrise, widebody
3 REPLIES 3

TonyMin
Explorer
Explorer
I had no idea it wouldn't work with my Dometic. I called tech support and that is what they said.
'98 Shasta Cheyenne 280 highrise, widebody

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
A lesson I learned, just today.

I can't help you with the color of the wires, but after getting it wired properly you want to test it.

To test the air conditioner, TURN THE 110V POWER BACK ON!

I replaced my thermostat today. (Exact same thermostat so wire colors matched.) I tested the furnace first, worked fine. Then I turned it to A/C. WOULD NOT WORK. FAN WOULD NOT EVEN COME ON! I pulled it back off the wall and went for some test equipment. As I was walking back, I remembered that I had turned off the 110v power before starting!

Duh!
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
What are you trying to do? Usually, you have to go back to the unit itself to figure the correct colors, but the RV Comfort (Coleman) thermostats normally have the furnace hooked directly to them, so you should have 2 separate sets of wires- 2 to the furnace, ~5 to the air conditioner.
-- Chris Bryant